Applying for TWP at POE

Old Aug 11th 2008, 9:19 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for TWP at POE

I dont need a medical, but other than LMO and copy of job offer, what else do I need to take?
Cheers
Old Aug 11th 2008, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

bootlecat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applying for TWP at POE

Originally Posted by jericho
I dont need a medical, but other than LMO and copy of job offer, what else do I need to take?
Cheers
Any number of things most of which are in either the wiki or similar threads, but I don't remember having anything else checked when I landed at pearson.

Usual ones include proof of funds (which can sometimes be your job offer but it depends on the immigration officer) and degree or equivalent proof of work experience
Old Aug 11th 2008, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

$150 in cash to pay for your work permit.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:43 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Cash for fees and proof of your qualifications for the job.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

ojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really nice

Take any relevant documentation you can think of, to prove your status, situation and entitlement to enter Canada to take up employment. There is no telling what the agent will want to see. Even though I have lived in Canada for over two years, I still needed to show how much money was in my Canadian bank accounts when I landed as a PR. Big relief that I had those statements. You can never be too prepared.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

kidmeup is an unknown quantity at this point

cash for fees and the letter from CIC stating they have given you authorisation
to get your TWP.
i would take the LMO and your job offer from your employer but i wasnt asked
for either.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

Originally Posted by kidmeup
to get your TWP.
for either.
Please explain more about "the letter from CIC stating they have given you authorisation".

I thought you just needed LMO, Job Offer, CV, Proof of funds and professional education certificates to be able to apply for a TWP at POE.

Last edited by PaulOK; Aug 12th 2008 at 1:23 am.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 1:16 am
Account Closed

I dont have a degree either, so what other proof are they looking for? GCSE / A Level certificates?
Old Aug 12th 2008, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

Any qualifications mentioned on your CV should be brought along.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 2:55 am
Just Joined

raisin3cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone explain the proof of funds issue? I thought if you had a job offer the proof of funds was unnecessary..?
Old Aug 13th 2008, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

Regarding Proof of funds - I was under the impression that the immigration officer would want proof that you would have enough funds to be able to support yourself (i.e. if you were to suddenly fall sick) for your initial 6 months in Canada.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 6:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by PaulOK
Regarding Proof of funds - I was under the impression that the immigration officer would want proof that you would have enough funds to be able to support yourself (i.e. if you were to suddenly fall sick) for your initial 6 months in Canada.
proof of funds isnt required for twp, and isnt required for pr with aeo...
Old Aug 13th 2008, 6:59 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kidmeup
to get your TWP.
for either.
You don't need a letter from CIC stating they have given you authorisation to get your TWP - this would be what you would have should you have applied for a TWP at CIC London (if you needed a medical).
Old Aug 13th 2008, 7:10 am
Just Joined

raisin3cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jericho
proof of funds isnt required for twp, and isnt required for pr with aeo...
Do you have a link for that? I'd like to read more about it.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:25 am
Account Closed

Check the CIC website.
For the SW route, you only need proof of funds if you dont have arranged employment.
With a TWP, as you've already got a job offer, for the same reason you dont need proof of funds.
Proof of funds is only if you're arriving with no job- ie/ they want to make sure you can support yourself financially.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.