Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

applying for TWP on landing quick question

applying for TWP on landing quick question

Old Sep 16th 2008, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future
Default Re: applying for TWP on landing quick question

Originally Posted by Arrona
they asked why we had 1 way tickets. then they took all our passports and dissapeared. they came back and asked to see all our paper work. said there was no record of us having a TWP explained we were applying POE. thenthe guy said he had never heard of such a thing but let us go. i think he must of just started the job
A similar scenario happened to us leaving glasgow airport a few years back. I was thinking, if this is Glasgow, what are they going to be like in Canada Of course, they couldn't have been nicer once we reached Vancouver
Old Sep 16th 2008, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

i will just poke them in the eye's with two fingers if they ask
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
we are flying from gatwick, oct 2nd what sort of things did they ask you at the airport
Until we arrived in Canada no one asked us anything. Once we arrived at the immigration desk we showed them the letter and they sent us to secondary desk again showed them the letter and they printed TWP for dh told him it was for 3 years and pointed out I didn't have one so couldn't work or study and if I wanted to this was the number to ring. Didn't ask for any supporting documents but we had them just in case but everything else was done through London. All in all was done in 10-15 mins
Old Sep 17th 2008, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

i was told that the spouse can apply for an open work permit at time of landing ?
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

anne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant future

hi sorry to hijack the thread, but question is along the same line; oh has recieved a job offer and a positive LMO, was wondering what are the thoughts of applying for TWP through CIC in London or just going and getting it at POE (we will be arriving in Calgary). Thanks Anne
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

we are getting ours on landing, seems alot less stress that way
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

lilbiteb is a jewel in the roughlilbiteb is a jewel in the roughlilbiteb is a jewel in the roughlilbiteb is a jewel in the roughlilbiteb is a jewel in the rough

I'm getting mine of Friday when we land. Amazingly, because of the million and one things that I'm having to deal with and sort out here, I'm not worried ... yet!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

send out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the rough

I'm just having a thought? Can we apply for the childrens study permits at the POE also, or is it another process once we get there?
Old Sep 17th 2008, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Arrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by send out the calgary
I'm just having a thought? Can we apply for the childrens study permits at the POE also, or is it another process once we get there?
yes thats where i got my kids study permits, even though one of my kids was only 3 i still got 1 for him as he would be going to school within my 3 year TWP
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

send out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the rough

That's brilliant Thanks. 8 days and counting!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

i was told that the spouse can apply for an open work permit at time of landing ?
I could have only I am in healthcare and know I will need a medical. Plus we decided we could afford for me to delay working so I could get things sorted whilst he works
Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

sioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant future

well we finally got our work permits at Vancouver airport. It was such a smooyh process. The issue of our tickets was NEVER brought up- even in the UK by the airline. In Vancouver we were served very quickly and the officer went out of his way to make things easier for us. He even said welcome to canada. He didn't ask me any questions, except if I had relatives in Canada- I have a sister in Toronto- it was all in the computer from my previous travels to Canada, so i guess that was his security question.
We are now happy, and wide awake at 4.30am, in our beautiful apartment in Yaletown, with even better views...aahh- only bad thing is I have to start work in 12 days...
Old Sep 26th 2008, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

McNicoll family is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just read this whole thread to get to the end and see you are there sioux!!

So pleased for you that it went well, enjoy!!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of
Smile Re: applying for TWP on landing quick question

Hi Canada Dreams,

been reading this thread and just wanted to ask, is it a possibility that you can be refused TWP on landing? Does it take longer to get it issued in London?

Also do you have to have medicals/police checks before a TWP is issued? If this is the case am I right in assuming that your PR should be authorised in due course without any problems as the checks on your health and character have already been completed?

any advice is appreciated,

tracys
Old Sep 29th 2008, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tracys
Hi Canada Dreams,

been reading this thread and just wanted to ask, is it a possibility that you can be refused TWP on landing? Does it take longer to get it issued in London?

Also do you have to have medicals/police checks before a TWP is issued? If this is the case am I right in assuming that your PR should be authorised in due course without any problems as the checks on your health and character have already been completed?

any advice is appreciated,

tracys
hi Tracy
i didnt get my TWP when i landed it was a few weeks later as my medical had not been verified, i was given no status and had to report to the airport every week. i landed on 4th May and got my TWP on 22nd June.
but you still have to get more medicals and police checks done for PR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.