Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

applying for TWP on landing quick question

applying for TWP on landing quick question

Old Sep 14th 2008, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

sheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud of
Default Re: applying for TWP on landing quick question

Hi Gurpreet,

For your information I landed in the January of 08 and my wife landed with her open work permit in the May 2008 and no questions were asked by Immigration.

They signed her papers and that was it apart from welcoming her and my daughter to Canada ( all our paperwork had been filled out meticulously and they asked for none of it).

All the very best for your future !

Darren
Old Sep 14th 2008, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

SODS LAW says if i were to arrive drunk as a skunk we would be let in ?????
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Ramsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really nice

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
SODS LAW says if i were to arrive drunk as a skunk we would be let in ?????
Yeah.... it would show you're already past stage 1 of the assimilation process
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Ramsey
Yeah.... it would show you're already past stage 1 of the assimilation process
hahahaha, well why would one want to get drunk like dat??? anyways...
Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:42 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sockdogg
You might want to double check that.

I didnt think an airline could sell you one way tickets without you providing proof that you are allowed to stay there. They may sell you the tickets but at the airport you may be asked to provide the proof like PR or TWP paperwork else they may not let you board.

I think I read that the reason they do this is because if they let you board and then you are refused entry into Canada the airline is responsible for getting you back to blighty.
Maybe so, but I fail to see how a return ticket for a flight 2 or more weeks into the future helps the airline in any way in this situation. Or the passenger, unless the plan is to spend 2 weeks in immigration detention.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

do you think that with all the documents that we are putting together in a folder for a TWP on landing, would it be a good idea to put in our uk driving licence's

any thoughts

paul&jo
Old Sep 15th 2008, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to behold

we did just have everything at the ready.

we were interrogated at glasgow airport as we had 1 way tickets. no problems in Halifax as long as you are upfront with everything. they were very helpfull in Halifax
Old Sep 16th 2008, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

we are flying from gatwick, oct 2nd what sort of things did they ask you at the airport
Old Sep 16th 2008, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Arrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to behold

they asked why we had 1 way tickets. then they took all our passports and dissapeared. they came back and asked to see all our paper work. said there was no record of us having a TWP explained we were applying POE. thenthe guy said he had never heard of such a thing but let us go. i think he must of just started the job
Old Sep 16th 2008, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

lilbiteb is a jewel in the roughlilbiteb is a jewel in the roughlilbiteb is a jewel in the roughlilbiteb is a jewel in the roughlilbiteb is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for all the replies. I'll just fill in the form that says from outside Canada.

I'm getting so jittery now that it's so close. Saying bye to people is taking it's toll now, I just can't bear to see people that I love and care for getting so upset. To a certain extent it's going over my head as my life now seems surreal! I'm imagining that it'll be such a relief to finally get on the plane.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

send out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: applying for TWP on landing quick question

Originally Posted by lilbiteb
This is what I need to know now too. I'm flying to Calgary on Friday!! Single Mum with my son and I need to get this right!
Hey lilbiteb

We are also flying out to Calgary, same method POE, next week and we're from Croydon too Do you know whereabouts you are going to? You MUST keep me posted on how you get on PLEASE. Who are you flying with? I'm feeling a bit didgy about charter flights now in light of all that has been going on.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

lilbiteb is a jewel in the roughlilbiteb is a jewel in the roughlilbiteb is a jewel in the roughlilbiteb is a jewel in the roughlilbiteb is a jewel in the rough

Hi there,

I'll reply by pm if that's ok as I don't want to hijack the thread!!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lilbiteb
Thanks for all the replies. I'll just fill in the form that says from outside Canada.

I'm getting so jittery now that it's so close. Saying bye to people is taking it's toll now, I just can't bear to see people that I love and care for getting so upset. To a certain extent it's going over my head as my life now seems surreal! I'm imagining that it'll be such a relief to finally get on the plane.
i know exactly how you feel. even now i have moments i think OMG im in canada
Old Sep 16th 2008, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

i think we will be thinking that in a few weeks time, just after i have filled my pants
Old Sep 16th 2008, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
i think we will be thinking that in a few weeks time, just after i have filled my pants
On our flight on the way over the air stewardess was so nice she told me not to worry as they were really nice in Halifax immigration and she was right. i know no matter what i say you will still worry, but i will cheer you up with what happened in the airport. although i can laugh now but my 3 year old managed to get his hand stuck in the coke machine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.