Applying through Sydney

Old May 30th 2005, 7:44 am
Just Joined

Ozzie In Process is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying through Sydney

We applied in the skilled workers category at the Sydney post and got our AOR in March, 2005. We have read the previous posts and the CIC website and gotten the timing information available there, and have checked the yogi site, but were wondering if anyone had any further insight or more recent information into how long it will take before we receive our IA?

We read that it may take longer if you have a complicated work history or have lived a number of places. That is certainly the case for us as we have moved around a bit internationally for work. What impact would that have on our processing time?

We are trying to make a "best guess" at our timing. Nothing definate, just a rough guess.

We would also appreciate time lines or other advice from anyone else who has applied as a skilled worker through Sydney or has any relevant information.

Cheers ,
Old May 30th 2005, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

jjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant future
Default Re: Applying through Sydney

Hello oz
I wish you luck in getting info because there does not appear to be very much info on Sydney, or at least not anywhere near the amount compared with other visa posts. According to the stats, Sydney is reasonably quick however I am sure that like many other offices, Sydney office is also under the pump. yogi799 is always a good place to go. I will be watching this thread with interest because it does not often come up.
Good luck
J
Old May 30th 2005, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

you should receive your IA after 7 months !
Old May 30th 2005, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ozzie In Process
We applied in the skilled workers category at the Sydney post and got our AOR in March, 2005. We have read the previous posts and the CIC website and gotten the timing information available there, and have checked the yogi site, but were wondering if anyone had any further insight or more recent information into how long it will take before we receive our IA?

We read that it may take longer if you have a complicated work history or have lived a number of places. That is certainly the case for us as we have moved around a bit internationally for work. What impact would that have on our processing time?

We are trying to make a "best guess" at our timing. Nothing definate, just a rough guess.

We would also appreciate time lines or other advice from anyone else who has applied as a skilled worker through Sydney or has any relevant information.

Cheers ,

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I am unable to help you with any information, however i wanted to just say hi to a fellow *aussie*...*VBS*....been near 4 months since i was back there.
Whereabouts in Canada are you planning on moving to.?
Old May 31st 2005, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

I have called the CIC Sydney, if your case is simple (no overseas staying, australian citizen etc) one year is the approx time. If you are from overseas expect longer. the statistics stated that 80% finalised in 15-6 months, but how long is for the other 20%? I am expecting IA in in August-December 2005. My time line is in my signature.
ddk

Cheers ,

Last edited by didik; May 31st 2005 at 12:52 am.
Old May 31st 2005, 1:35 am
Just Joined

Ozzie In Process is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by didik
I have called the CIC Sydney, if your case is simple (no overseas staying, australian citizen etc) one year is the approx time. If you are from overseas expect longer. the statistics stated that 80% finalised in 15-6 months, but how long is for the other 20%? I am expecting IA in in August-December 2005. My time line is in my signature.
ddk
Thank you all for the info. I'm glad I found the forum and will try to help others as I learn more going through this process.

True Blue Aussie Girl, we are planning first on BC, either Vancouver or Victoria. If not, probably Alberta, depending on what work I get.

Many thanks Didik for the info. I have not called the consulate, not wanting to bother them.

Our application is definately not simple. We have lived all over the last few years as my work is project-based. (I dread gathering all those police certificates as we seem to have been everywhere for over six months!) We are both Aussie citizens and have educational credentials from Australia, but I also have overseas degrees. Our work experience is largely Australian, or at least working for Aussie companies and my employment letters were on the Australian head office letterhead and signed by the head of HR. Does anyone know how long this will slow things down? I'm not looking for a definate answer, just someone who knows more than I do giving it their best shot.

I'm sure this is a naive question, but what do they do with our file while we are awaiting our IA?

Cheers
Old May 31st 2005, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

evelynne_r is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I applied through Sydney with a CSQ and it went really quickly. Request to do medicals within five weeks of applying. and passport request within five weeks of the medical.

I found Sydney efficient and helpful. They responded to my e-mails within a couple of days.

Good luck,

Evelynne
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 7:49 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

Cheers ,
Hi Ozzie In Process,
great to see another aussie about the place. Everything that I have read and heard about the process through Sydney strongly indicates that process usually takes about 12 months, up until the end of last year. I have yet to see any information or hear of anybody being approved this year. I strongly suspect that the processing times are on the increase in Sydney as everywhere else. One thing we can be confident about is that we should hear something from them within 12 months as my AOR states not to contact them before that time.

didik, I am thinking that the IA comes after about 9 months so I am hoping that yours is on its way very soon.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Timmo is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone have any updates to add re: applying through Sydney?

I called them and they told me that my police certificates are valid for 2 years, as long as I have not been back to that country for more than 6 months!!!! And I just sent off another $103 for an Aussie Police check.......
Old Jul 17th 2005, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

Nothing new from me. One case reported in yogi, required roughly one year to get IA. The person applied inJune 2004 and got IA in June 2005. Conclusion: be prepared to wait at least a year (It *MAY* be sooner). Still, if the CIC Sydney keeps their promise, that timeline is still very speedy compared to other posts.
cheers
ddk

Originally Posted by Timmo
Anyone have any updates to add re: applying through Sydney?

I called them and they told me that my police certificates are valid for 2 years, as long as I have not been back to that country for more than 6 months!!!! And I just sent off another $103 for an Aussie Police check.......
Old Sep 4th 2005, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Timmo is an unknown quantity at this point

Any new updates Aussies??

Been just over a month since I submitted my application...maybe tomorrow for my AoR?!? How'd OzRob get his so quick?? Other Aussies, how long did it take you to get yours after applying?
Old Sep 4th 2005, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

ginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond repute

Any new updates Aussies??

Been just over a month since I submitted my application...maybe tomorrow for my AoR?!? How'd OzRob get his so quick?? Other Aussies, how long did it take you to get yours after applying?

Hi all, we have just received our U.K police certs back and are just getting the final documents together and are hoping to get our application off to Sydney in the next couple of weeks.

I noticed that the processing times had got slightly longer over the last month.

Good luck Timmo are you living in Oz at the moment?

OzRob what was the waiting time quoted on your AOR
Old Sep 4th 2005, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

ginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ginaf
Hi all, we have just received our U.K police certs back and are just getting the final documents together and are hoping to get our application off to Sydney in the next couple of weeks.

I noticed that the processing times had got slightly longer over the last month.

Good luck Timmo are you living in Oz at the moment?

OzRob what was the waiting time quoted on your AOR

Sorry Timmo, I see you are in N.Z my husband is a Kiwi too.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 12:07 pm
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

Unfortunately there is no news from me. When I submitted my application I was hopeful that I would hear something this month. However going on recent timelines I think that very late this year or early next year is more likely.

I do know that there is a member who has received some good news recently. Hopefully they will share that information sometime soon.

How'd OzRob get his so quick??
It may have something to do with the $100 note I stapled to cover letter.. Seriously though I don't know why some applications are responded to quicker than others. Just remember that my application date is the date that my application arrived at the consulate. Also the date of my AOR is the date that is on my AOR letter. This is because both my application and AOR letter went via Vancouver.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 12:11 pm
Can I go now!?

Timmo, how did you get the information about your RCMP check listed in your signature? I sent an email to them about two months ago and didn't get a response.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.