Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Applying for Temparory Visitor Visa for my mother

Applying for Temparory Visitor Visa for my mother

Old Apr 29th 2011, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

newbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nice
Default Applying for Temparory Visitor Visa for my mother

Hello,

I want to know how to show assets of my brother (bank balance)
for getting temporary visitor visa for my mother. My mother
gets help from my brother for family every year.

I want to show it as proof of funds, how it can be done ?

thank you,
Old Apr 29th 2011, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

newbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nice
Default Re: Applying for Temparory Visitor Visa for my mother

I forgot to mention that I have PR status in Canada and citizen of India.
My mother is citizen of India
Old May 2nd 2011, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

Can some one know the answer ?
Old May 2nd 2011, 6:54 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

possibly, if we understood the question
Old May 2nd 2011, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newbee
Hello,

I want to know how to show assets of my brother (bank balance)
for getting temporary visitor visa for my mother. My mother
gets help from my brother for family every year.

I want to show it as proof of funds, how it can be done ?

thank you,
why do you need to show proof of funds for a visitor visa?

lns
Old May 2nd 2011, 8:25 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Sad to say but it is unlikely that your mother would get a visitor visa in any case unless there is some strong and urgent reason for her to come to Canada at this time.

Last edited by Jim Humphries; May 2nd 2011 at 8:27 am.
Old May 2nd 2011, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Sad to say but it is unlikely that your mother would get a visitor visa in any case unless there is some strong and urgent reason for her to come to Canada at this time.
Daft question Jim...but why couldn't she get one? Is it to do with country of origin? Confused.
lns
Old May 4th 2011, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

sanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Daft question Jim...but why couldn't she get one? Is it to do with country of origin? Confused.
lns
Yup. I have several uncles in india who always get rejected to visit Canada. Even though they are all self employed and make good dollar lol.

Saying that none of them have ANY issues when they visit the true Indian motherland..England.
Old May 4th 2011, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sanjuk
Yup. I have several uncles in india who always get rejected to visit Canada. Even though they are all self employed and make good dollar lol.

Saying that none of them have ANY issues when they visit the true Indian motherland..England.
Well you learn a new thing everyday!
I thought any one could visit anywhere in the world
So what happens if you dont know this and you innocently book a flight to Canada...do you get rejected at immigration?

lns
Old May 4th 2011, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

sanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Well you learn a new thing everyday!
I thought any one could visit anywhere in the world
So what happens if you dont know this and you innocently book a flight to Canada...do you get rejected at immigration?

lns
Usually the process for countrys like India is to visit the commison and get the visa first before doing anything else. They are free to book flights etc but they will get stopped upon landing and then be sent back (at their expense!)
Old May 4th 2011, 6:14 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by sanjuk
Usually the process for countrys like India is to visit the commison and get the visa first before doing anything else. They are free to book flights etc but they will get stopped upon landing and then be sent back (at their expense!)

If they require a TRV, they don't even get on the plane. The airlines don't like paying the fine and the removal costs.