Applying for Supervisa inland?

Old Jan 22nd 2013, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Pancakes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for Supervisa inland?

Hi,
We are moving in Spring and my mum is going to come on a standard holiday "visa" (UKC) to help me get settled etc (as we are still waiting for my husbands PR and need to get the kids into school). As it stands, I do not have an address in Canada, and therefore believe I can't write the letter of invitation required for the Supervisa application. Are we able to therefore apply for the supervisa once we are in Canada and have an address? Or is it possible to apply anyway, provided I guarantee support etc no matter where I am living?

I'm also still very unclear - do we apply via Lonodn VO or at POE with the correct docs etc - I'm afraid I just don't get what it says on CIC's website, just that if you are visa exempt you may benefit from the supervisa provisions.

Thank you.

P
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 1:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for Supervisa inland?

Be interesting to see how CIC deal with this one as normally you have to apply for the supervisas OUTSIDE of Canada as you may be called for an interview and a medical exam is required.
You can apply to CPC Vegreville for a normal extension to visitor status but unknown if they will even consider doing a super visa application while you are in Canada.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa-how.asp
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

Thank you. I had read on another forum that it had been done but wanted to get other opinions. Since she'll have a return ticket for this trip anyway, she'll be able to come back and apply from the UK obviously. I would assume though that the medical could be done inland by a DMP and likewise she'd be able to attend interview if required. Are you able to recommend a way to find out for certain?

EDIT: And thanks for the link - I'd found that previously and forgotten....that's obviously where I must have got the POE bit from!

Last edited by Pancakes; Jan 23rd 2013 at 2:20 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pancakes
Thank you. I had read on another forum that it had been done but wanted to get other opinions. Since she'll have a return ticket for this trip anyway, she'll be able to come back and apply from the UK obviously. I would assume though that the medical could be done inland by a DMP and likewise she'd be able to attend interview if required. Are you able to recommend a way to find out for certain?

EDIT: And thanks for the link - I'd found that previously and forgotten....that's obviously where I must have got the POE bit from!
If in Canada you can try calling the CIC (mis)information line at 1 888 242 2100 to see if they can give you an answer or a suggestion. Because this visa is new Im betting they have not decided what to do in cases like yours.
It was basically set up for parents/grandparents living and applying from outside of Canada.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

Am I being dim?
I've phoned London and got told (unsurprisingly) to make sure I've read the website thoroughly and then use the contact us form online to obtain answers to any questions I still have. It says to use the form for general and CS enquiries. But the form is just for CSE and you *have* to fill in all sorts of details like case number etc which, since I don't have this application in process, I don't have. I don't know how to get through to someone. Frustrated.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 7:19 am
Got approved. Yippee !

BriSue39 is just really niceBriSue39 is just really niceBriSue39 is just really niceBriSue39 is just really niceBriSue39 is just really niceBriSue39 is just really niceBriSue39 is just really niceBriSue39 is just really nice

No, you're not being dim. I am surprised that you a) found a phone number in London , and B) that somebody actually spoke to you !
Anyway, you can ask general questions by using the on-line contact us form.
I found that even when I had a "case number" I still could only use the general question form. I believe that the case specific enquiry only applies if you are inside Canada.
Good luck