Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Applying for skilled worker and PNP

Wikiposts

Applying for skilled worker and PNP

Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

nikkim will become famous soon enoughnikkim will become famous soon enough
Default Applying for skilled worker and PNP

Hi
I am considering applying for PR via skilled worker, then visiting in July, hoping that hubby will get a job and then go through pnp.

My questions are
*can i apply for pnp whilst in process of SW
* will I have to pay two lots of fees

Also, do I need to fill in any forms for PNP prior to getting a job, or do I do this once I have job offer?

thanks
nikki
Old Jan 16th 2008, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Applying for skilled worker and PNP

Originally Posted by nikkim
Hi
I am considering applying for PR via skilled worker, then visiting in July, hoping that hubby will get a job and then go through pnp.

My questions are
*can i apply for pnp whilst in process of SW
* will I have to pay two lots of fees

Also, do I need to fill in any forms for PNP prior to getting a job, or do I do this once I have job offer?

thanks
nikki
Hi
Not being funny but,
In order to answer your questions you need to provide some clarification on your intentions, which provence?, skilled worker NOC in demand?
Immigration like charging fees so I expect so.
PNP speaking for Alberta is employer driven (although a pilot scheme is being planned which is more of a skills pot for employers to dip into) anyway currently the employer must apply on your behalf and then there will be forms abound to fill out.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

ok thanks
We will be planning on moving to Alberta and the hubby's job is on the NOC list as in demand.

Thanks for your help
Nikki
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

If you surf the web there are tons of job sites with openings specific to Alberta.
Calgary is booming its a good place to get established, If you don't mind me asking, what's OH's profession. If its a skilled trade or profession that is regulated then he will need to qualify and pass a licensing examination after which the employer could apply to Alberta's PNP. If not then I assume the employer could simply apply to the program on his behalf.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

Hubby is automotive service technician. He does need to take a equivalency exam. We are just in the process of filling out the form so that he can send off and hopefully take exam when we are visiting in July.
Thanks
Old Jan 19th 2008, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

Regarding PNP you will need a job offer of greater than 30 hours a weeks. My missus has just completed PNP she is now a permanent resident in BC.

First you need your employer to apply for PNP which costs them $500 this usually takes approx 90 days! Once you have been accepted for Provincial nominee they will send you a letter of approval! You then must apply to The Candain embassy in london for emigration as a PNP. All the forms are on the website. They will tell you when to go for a medical this will take another 6 weeks. The fees are approx 260 pound per per person for the medical. Then approx $1100 each to emigrate. You will also need to apply for police record checks from your local police station these cost 10 quid per person and can take up to 42 days. Once all this has been done. you will then send in your passports to get your visa added. This can take up to to weeks.
My Missus got the job offer june 07 we got to B.C canada. jan 12 08.

Note you do not need to apply for skilled worker. this can take up to 4 years. So 6-7 months is not too bad for PNP!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

thanks that is a great help.
Hubby had better get studying for exam then !!!!!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nikkim
thanks that is a great help.
Hubby had better get studying for exam then !!!!!
No problem if you need anymore info get in touch