Applying for PR without Spouse

Old Oct 9th 2003, 9:02 am
Just Joined

hemendrac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for PR without Spouse

Hi,

At the outset let me apologise for the long question(s).

I am currently residing in the US with my wife and son and have am contemplating Canada Immigration.

At this stage my wife is not too keen to migrate to Canada.

My question is, would it be a bad idea to apply alone anyway without my wife and then later sponsor her visa once I get the PR ? Would it be difficult/impossible to sponsor my wife's visa once I have got a PR ?

Would I still need to provide all the documents for my wife's education and work experience ? I am guessing I would not be eligible to get the points related to her qualifications if I apply alone. If no what are the documents for the family would be needed (marraige certificate etc. ?). Would I need to make a declaration that I am planning to sponsor my wife's visa at a later date ? Alternatively what declaration would I need to make to explain my applying alone ?

Would I need to show funds to support a family of 3 or for me alone.

Alternatively If we do apply for all the 3 of us, what if I have to land alone in Canada without my wife ? How long would her visa be valid ? Do we have to land toghether if we have applied toghether ?

Any tips on applying in the above scenario would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
hemendrac

Last edited by hemendrac; Oct 9th 2003 at 9:07 am.