Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Applying for PR on the basis of AINP?

Applying for PR on the basis of AINP?

Old Oct 4th 2010, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

canada10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for PR on the basis of AINP?

Is it possible to send in the application for PR (through London) at the same time as one sends in the application for AINP? Or does one have to have a successful AINP application before submitting for PR?

Also, assuming I would file the PR application through London, would I be entitled to stay and work in Canada during the processing of the PR?

Many thanks in advance for any information.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 5:48 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for PR on the basis of AINP?

AINP makes the selection so it must be done and positive before you send PR application.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your response.

And going by the information provided on the following websites, is it reasonable to expect an AINP to go through in 40-60 working days (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-imm...-t12089.0.html) and the PR in 9 months if filed through London (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ovincial.asp)?

Thanks.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 6:24 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

CANADAVISA.COM is a commercial website so I have no idea how they get their info. The CIC's website is based on what happened recently and should normally be a good indication if you keep in mind that Summers are slower and the information is past experience.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

I was actually a bit confused reading that 9 months was indicated for PR through London, seeing that I've read in other places that getting a PR application through from start to finish usually takes 24-48 months.

Does anyone know for sure?
Old Oct 4th 2010, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by canada10
I was actually a bit confused reading that 9 months was indicated for PR through London, seeing that I've read in other places that getting a PR application through from start to finish usually takes 24-48 months.

Does anyone know for sure?
My PR application with AINP approval only took 4 months from posting it off to getting my Visa. It was only 2 months until I got my med requests.

Tim
Old Oct 6th 2010, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Does anyone know if it's common for AINP applications to be turned down or do they generally go through if they meet the stated requirements? Or does it sometimes take extra qualifications to "make the cut"?

On the information page for the AINP semi-skilled worker category it says "Meeting the criteria listed above does not guarantee a nomination or permanent residence" (http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...ria.html#hotel), which is why I was curious.

Finally, is there a quota for the number of applications that they process for 2010/2011? If so, has this been met or are they still accepting and completing applications for 2010?

Many thanks in advance.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Forgot to ask the following:

Does anyone know if one has to stay in Alberta after the PR application has gone through, if it's been done on the basis of AINP? I assume PR gives you the option to go anywhere in Canada to work, but just thought I'd check with you here.

Thanks.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 3:46 pm

If you are selected by Alberta you will have to make a good faith effort to settle there before moving on.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

This show the AINP processing times for different streams:

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...ing-times.html

Someone mentioned a quota for AINP application previously. Is there a link to this information?
Old Oct 7th 2010, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the AIPN website it seems there may be some advantages in doing a provincial application first - reduced information subsequently required for PR application (education and employment history and no language test).

Under the strategic recruitment category - engineering occupations it seems that unless you are already a foreign licencee you have to obtain a "letter of no objection" from APPEGA. Has anyone got any feedback on how easy and the timesale to get this?

I think the overriding issue is timescale though - does the extra time in the AIPN process then result in any faster processing time by CIC?