Wikiposts

Applying for Parents

Old May 19th 2005, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

bhartiamit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for Parents

Hello All,

I wanted some information from everyone here regarding applying for PR for my parents. I am now a landed immigrant and want to start the process for my parents. My parents are in India and i wanted to know if anyone has done this and how was your experience.

Thanks,
Bharti
Old May 19th 2005, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

matty266 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Applying for Parents

Originally Posted by bhartiamit
Hello All,

I wanted some information from everyone here regarding applying for PR for my parents. I am now a landed immigrant and want to start the process for my parents. My parents are in India and i wanted to know if anyone has done this and how was your experience.

Thanks,
Bharti
I am sorry bhartiamit but as a landed PR in canada you cannot sponsor your parents unless you are a canadian citizien of which you have to apply and take a test and oath once you have spent 3 years in country as a PR, then you could sponsor them for immigration and need proof of funds for this sponsorship (I think)

I hope this clarifys the question

regards Matty266
Old May 19th 2005, 11:46 am
Just Joined

kenny04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applying for Parents

Originally Posted by matty266
I am sorry bhartiamit but as a landed PR in canada you cannot sponsor your parents unless you are a canadian citizien of which you have to apply and take a test and oath once you have spent 3 years in country as a PR, then you could sponsor them for immigration and need proof of funds for this sponsorship (I think)

I hope this clarifys the question

regards Matty266
Not True.

Who can sponsor?
You may be eligible to sponsor if:
• the person you want to sponsor is a member of the family class;
Note: If that person is not a member of the family class, you will not meet sponsorship
requirements and, therefore, your application to sponsor will not be approved and the
application for permanent residence of the person you want to sponsor will be refused,
unless you decide to withdraw your sponsorship application. If you withdraw the
sponsorship, you will have no appeal rights.
• you are 18 years of age or older;
you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
• you reside in Canada;
• you sign an undertaking promising to provide for the basic requirements of the person
being sponsored and, if applicable, his or her family members;
• you and the sponsored person sign an agreement that confirms that each of you understands your mutual obligations and responsibilities;
If you reside in Quebec, see Step 2 of How to apply to sponsor for additional information on forms to complete.
you have an income that is at least equal to the minimum necessary income, the amount of which is published yearly by the Canadian government. You will have to provide us with documents that show your financial resources for the past 12 months and prove you are financially able to sponsor members of the family class.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5196E.PDF