Applying for a pardon

Old May 4th 2009, 11:23 am
Just Joined

bananaboat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for a pardon

Hi
I am very new to this forum but have read the posts whilst considering immigration to Canada.
I really need some advice regarding pardons and if anyone could assist me I would be really grateful.

Basically, we have no idea where to begin
28 years ago when my husband was a very young, silly , impressionable 18 year old, him and his "friends" stole a car. He was convicted and sentenced to 3 months in a Young Offenders institute in Scotland.
He has been completely clear since that young silly "mistake"
I am aware that his conviction will now be "spent" but am still confused as to whether he will still need to apply for a pardon as it was a Young Offenders institute. I did read that "Young Offenders" do not need to apply for pardons.
I really don't know how it stands though.
Does he still need to apply for a pardon? and if so, how does he apply for it?
Before applying for citizenship or at the same time?

Please excuse my little knowledge.

I would be very grateful for any advice.
Old May 4th 2009, 11:33 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for a pardon

You'll be pleased to know that your husband is regarded as rehabilitated under Canada's Immigration Laws, assuming he has no criminal convictions since. The conviction should be reported on your application and during the process he will require to provide such evidence via the required criminal checks.
Stop worrying and get those applications filed.
Good Luck.
Old May 4th 2009, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

I don't see you having any problems with your immigration.

I'm sure when you apply for the police check it will not appear on the certificate due to the age and nature of the offense. Either way you must declare it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/conviction.asp
Old May 5th 2009, 7:44 am
Just Joined

bananaboat is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank You very much for your replies.
Much Appreciated.