Applying for citizenship

Old May 8th 2012, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

richard.pattern is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for citizenship

Once I apply for Canadian Citizenship can I leave the country (Canada) while the citizenship application is being processed. And if I can leave the country while the citizenship application is being processed how often do I have to come back to Canada and for how long?
Old May 8th 2012, 7:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for citizenship

Originally Posted by richard.pattern
Once I apply for Canadian Citizenship can I leave the country (Canada) while the citizenship application is being processed. And if I can leave the country while the citizenship application is being processed how often do I have to come back to Canada and for how long?
Did you search the forum or look in the Wiki before asking? There are loads of threads on the subject, and I'm pretty sure there is a Wiki article as well.

But yes, you can leave the country, although you'd have to return on very short notice twice.

I'm intrigued to know why every single thread you start is about how to get around the PR requirements, citizenship requirements, etc. Are you actually intending to live in Canada?
Old May 8th 2012, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Its actually because my work requires me to travel around a lot out of Canada, and I need to be clear on the implications, but thanks for your replies.
Old May 9th 2012, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

But yes, you can leave the country, although you'd have to return on very short notice twice.
How short is "short notice"?