Applying for Canadian citizenship

Old Mar 14th 2007, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Applying for Canadian citizenship

Okay I originally came to Canada as a visitor then switched to work permit 5 months later and then a year later I got my PR. I am about to apply for citizenship and have a few questions

Should I include a copy of my passport and work permit to support my application for citizenship? I called the CIC call centre and they said I don’t need to send them because they know I had a work permit but the reason is ask is my partner applied 4 months ago and they asked for a copy of his passport and work permit which slowed the process down by 2 months. Does anyone know if it would hurt to send more than they ask for in my application?

Thanks guys!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 2:37 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applying for Canadian citizenship

Originally Posted by celine_uk
Okay I originally came to Canada as a visitor then switched to work permit 5 months later and then a year later I got my PR. I am about to apply for citizenship and have a few questions

Should I include a copy of my passport and work permit to support my application for citizenship? I called the CIC call centre and they said I don’t need to send them because they know I had a work permit but the reason is ask is my partner applied 4 months ago and they asked for a copy of his passport and work permit which slowed the process down by 2 months. Does anyone know if it would hurt to send more than they ask for in my application?

Thanks guys!
I can't see it hurting, even if they don't specifically ask for it. Why not just chuck in notarised copies of the documents?