Wikiposts

Applying for BUNAC outside of UK

Old May 10th 2008, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

DearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really niceDearAlly is just really nice
Default Applying for BUNAC outside of UK

I have recently been allocated a place on Bunac's Candian working holiday scheme. It states that you have to be in the UK to process the visa.

I have been living in NZ for two years and the thought of having to go back to the UK for 6 weeks while my visa is processed fills me with dread.

I would like to send the documents from NZ about 3 weeks before I arrive back in the UK. That way I am hoping I only have to stay in the UK for a max of 3 weeks until I get my visa. I know they say you have to be in the UK for the full visa process but how would they know?

Does anyone have any experiences of this?
Old May 11th 2008, 8:05 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applying for BUNAC outside of UK

Hi. I'm not sure anyone can give you a conclusive answer on this - you are best emailing Bunac with your situation & seeing what they say.

They are quite clear on their website - "You must remain in the UK whilst the Canadian High Commission process your application".
That said, CHC only start processing your application once Bunac send them your Work Authorisation & £70 participation fee. What address did you provide Bunac on your application - a UK one or a NZ one?

Either way, I would check with them first. You have been lucky to get a place on the programme - it would be a shame to mess it up now for the sake of a few weeks.
Best of luck!