Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Apply for Quebec PR and have a job in toronto.

Apply for Quebec PR and have a job in toronto.

Old Nov 18th 2007, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

rchooramun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Apply for Quebec PR and have a job in toronto.

I applied for PR Quebec, my application are still in process at the Canadina embassy in London and now i got a job in Toronto. Anyone can help and advise if i can send the job contract and a letter to the embassy and i explain to them my situation.

Please advise
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:50 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Apply for Quebec PR and have a job in toronto.

If you already have CSQ and your PR application is pending under Quebec SW class then leave it as is. After you land in Quebec you may move to Toronto. But be aware that Quebec may not like it if you move out without establishing residency in Quebec and at least making solid effort to get job there. As a result they may revoke your CSQ - this will make your PR invalid.

You applied for Quebec because you wanted to jump the line, without any intention to live in Quebec. It means your signed declaration of intention to live in Quebec (Schedule 5) may be deemed fraudulent.

Job in Toronto didn't come to you out of the blue - you were looking for job outside Quebec and this indicates your intentions not to live in Quebec.

You have 2 options:

- wait for your PR visa with currently pending application, land in Quebec, get a job there and live there for a while before moving to another Province, or

- withdraw your current application, get job offer approved by HRSDC and submit new PR application under federal SW class with arranged employment.

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Nov 19th 2007 at 2:14 am.