Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Apply now for BCPNP??? lots of questions!

Apply now for BCPNP??? lots of questions!

Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

stacey.cook1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Apply now for BCPNP??? lots of questions!

My Fiance and I are in Vancouver working on a one year work and travel visa through Bunac which is due to expire 25th November 2010.

I'm getting mixed messages on the issue of extending the Bunac visa, as i understand it this can NOT be done. I presume because my employer didn't have the need to do LMO when I started back in January??.

We want to apply for PR through BCPNP now, however as it's quite late on in the year and i know they only have a certain amount of applicants per year, whats the chance that the quantity has already been filled for the year? Is there anyway we can extend/apply for work permit and send PNP app January next year?

If we did do the PNP route what happens with regards to our visa expiring in November? will we get an 'implied' status automatically or do we have to do something?

Also we want to use our already booked flight back to the UK for a weeks holiday we will arrive back in Canada on Oct 22nd ish and our Visas don't expire till November 25th, will there be any issues with customs i.e. with the PNP application that will be in progress or will nothing change in regards to the existing visa until November 26th when the visa will officially expire?

Any suggestions, advise welcome! so many questions so little time!
Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:21 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apply now for BCPNP??? lots of questions!

Originally Posted by stacey.cook1
My Fiance and I are in Vancouver working on a one year work and travel visa through Bunac which is due to expire 25th November 2010.

I'm getting mixed messages on the issue of extending the Bunac visa, as i understand it this can NOT be done.
That is correct. You cannot extend a BUNAC Visa.

I presume because my employer didn't have the need to do LMO when I started back in January??.
Yes, but there is nothing to stop them applying for an LMO now.

We want to apply for PR through BCPNP now, however as it's quite late on in the year and i know they only have a certain amount of applicants per year, whats the chance that the quantity has already been filled for the year?
I wasn't aware there is a quota for BCPNP. I'm not an expert and could be wrong, but this is worth checking.

Is there anyway we can extend/apply for work permit and send PNP app January next year?
Your employer would need to get an LMO and then you could apply for a TWP.

If we did do the PNP route what happens with regards to our visa expiring in November? will we get an 'implied' status automatically or do we have to do something?
If you do nothing you have to leave Canada. If you apply for a TWP through Vegreville BEFORE your BUNAC expires then you would be on implied status until you get a decision from them. I also believe that if you have a letter of approval from BCPNP you can get a TWP to keep you going until the PR comes through.

Also we want to use our already booked flight back to the UK for a weeks holiday we will arrive back in Canada on Oct 22nd ish and our Visas don't expire till November 25th, will there be any issues with customs i.e. with the PNP application that will be in progress or will nothing change in regards to the existing visa until November 26th when the visa will officially expire?
I don't know about this. Does a BUNAC visa allow multiple entries?
Old Aug 25th 2010, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Yes, but there is nothing to stop them applying for an LMO now.
Depends what job they're doing. stacey.cook1 can you find the NOC code for your job on the government database?
Old Aug 25th 2010, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

stacey.cook1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have looked into the NOC codes...

I'm a customer service manager for a Furniture store looking after two stores, I deal with resolving issues/complaints with furniture, processing returns, authorizing payments, supervise/arrange repairs, maintaining reports/budgets for repairs, obtaining credits from suppliers etc

I am slightly stuck on which NOC code i fit into, I've narrowed it down to two:

NOC Code 0: 0651 - other service managers : http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/...1=0651&val65=*

or

NOC Code B: 6211 -Retail trade supervisors : http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/...1=6211&val65=*

I'm wondering would it be possible to elaborate on my role slightly to meet the first option? or as i think i meet more of the main duties on the 2nd to go for that to be on the safe side?

Also if i go for the 1st option i will need to push for a pay rise to meet the average prevailing wage.

what would be the easiest/safest route to go to ensure we get approval?

Thanks!!