Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Applies as inland spousal PR and told it was with CHC London!!!!!!

Applies as inland spousal PR and told it was with CHC London!!!!!!

Old Apr 6th 2005, 4:57 am
Just Joined

bigskidmarks is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Applies as inland spousal PR and told it was with CHC London!!!!!!

I got married in Canada to a canadian in May 2005.......we bought a house together and we applied for inland spousal sponsorship for me in June 2005.......I did a routine speculative phonecall to the case processing centre in Mississauga to see how my application was going in Sept 2004 and was shocked to be told that my application was being processed in CHC London UK and that it was processed as an out of canada spousal sponsorship.......After much disscussion my wife agreed to stay in Canda in our house and keep her job and I would go back to England and continue with my application from there in case they needed more information.......In Nov2004 they asked for a UK Police clearance and also asked for fingerprints to be submitted ( I am assuming to check fingerprints with RCMP Mississauga). I have been a very good boy and have clear police records in both countries, so no problems there...........But does anyone have a clue as to how long this process will take as my wife and I are both rather stressed out and living on opposite sides of the atlantic isn't helping. Also does anyone know why they have treated it as an external spousal sponsorship when it was applied for an inland spousal sponsorship and was submitted within Canada. Any help or advice will be gratefuully received!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

kki6 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Applies as inland spousal PR and told it was with CHC London!!!!!!

Originally Posted by bigskidmarks
I got married in Canada to a canadian in May 2005.......we bought a house together and we applied for inland spousal sponsorship for me in June 2005.......I did a routine speculative phonecall to the case processing centre in Mississauga to see how my application was going in Sept 2004 and was shocked to be told that my application was being processed in CHC London UK and that it was processed as an out of canada spousal sponsorship.......After much disscussion my wife agreed to stay in Canda in our house and keep her job and I would go back to England and continue with my application from there in case they needed more information.......In Nov2004 they asked for a UK Police clearance and also asked for fingerprints to be submitted ( I am assuming to check fingerprints with RCMP Mississauga). I have been a very good boy and have clear police records in both countries, so no problems there...........But does anyone have a clue as to how long this process will take as my wife and I are both rather stressed out and living on opposite sides of the atlantic isn't helping. Also does anyone know why they have treated it as an external spousal sponsorship when it was applied for an inland spousal sponsorship and was submitted within Canada. Any help or advice will be gratefuully received!!!!!!!!!
Sorry to hear about the stress the whole process is causing you and your wife. Not sure why your application has been processed as an external application. Maybe the experts can help in this regard.

On the question of timing, it might be worth dropping CHC London a few lines by fax as they might have sent details out to the wrong address... or there might have been a problem with the post...Royal Mail!

Goodluck and best wishes
Old Apr 6th 2005, 6:19 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

It is out of my comprehension as to why would they treat ur application as an outside spousal, when u applied under the inland one?? are u sure u applied for an inland sponsorship?? becuz it just baffles me....
anyways, as far as the time taken by CHC london, i guess its been almost 4 months since u submitted ur UK police clearance; right? normally London would finalize a case in less than 6 months, if everything is fine! hope that u will hear from them soon.. i have my best wishes for u....
Old Apr 6th 2005, 6:34 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Mississauga processes sponsorship applications for sponsors of spouses being sponsored from abroad and after approving the sponsor forwards PR application of sponsored spouse to proper visa post abroad. If you submitted application to Mississauga then it is processes as spouse from abroad.

Spouse or common-law partner in Canada applications are to be submitted to Vegreville.

You either didn't follow instructions or you downloaded package for spouse abroad.

Old Apr 6th 2005, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

WOW am sorry to hear of this.....hope it all works out for you...are you able to return to Canada whilst your application is in process.??
Old Apr 6th 2005, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

bigskidmarks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf

WOW am sorry to hear of this.....hope it all works out for you...are you able to return to Canada whilst your application is in process.??
Thank you for all the answers guys.......I think that as I applied to Mississauga CPC it was treated as an external spousal PR application but I thought that it was being processed as an inland spousal sponsorship.

But to be perfectly honest I assumed that spousal applications would be fast tracked to prevent the sort of stress that my wife are going through at the moment. I regularly speak to my wife and reassure her that my PR for Canada is imminent but I have been saying that since mid Jan. As this drags on I am feeling more and more bitter and am seriously thinking to hell with the whole thing and feel like telling my wife to sell the house and come over to England. But then she will have to apply for PR spousal sponsorship for England and the whole thing will start again. When I appled whilst I was in Canada nearly 11 months ago eveything seemed so clear. I haven't returned to Canada because I wanted to achieve PR status before I left England and also you have to declare that you wish to stay in Canada when you enter the port of entry and I thought as I have an application in process this might complicate things.

I have just sat tight waiting and haven't contacted CHC becasue it says that if you contact them then this will only slow the whole process down. But what the hell I guess it can't get any worse.....Is there any chance of phoning them or would it be best to write or fax.........will they even read it or will it just delay things by even more months???? Sorry but this mess has turned me into a cynic!!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

jorja is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in a similar situation but recently got my passport request. (timeline below) I faxed & wrote to CHC London in January and things have moved very swiftly since then with regular correspondence. It seems they were waiting for my police report from UK, while I was expecting them to request it from me first. I'm in Canada at the moment and have renewed my visitor visa several times having let them know my PR application is in process. I've never had a problem with this. External applications are supposedly quicker than internal anyway so maybe your original mistake will pay off in the end! Good luck!