Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Applied in 2000 to Damascus Office - Need Advice Please

Applied in 2000 to Damascus Office - Need Advice Please

Old Sep 4th 2005, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Riadh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applied in 2000 to Damascus Office - Need Advice Please

Hi Everyone,

this is the first time for me to write here, but i used to surfe this website almost every day looking for some ANSWERS to my questions.

Briefly: I am Iraqi, have lodged my application in Damascus Office in Jan. 2000, in Feb. 2000 received a letter from the Embassy with my Federal File No., in 2001 i got an Employment Visa in Abu Dhabi -UAE, I informed the Embassy thereabout. in 2003, received a Fax requesting me new documents+ IELST or TEF - French Language - Results (I speack both languages). in late Sept. 2004, received an invitation to attend selection Interview in Damascus. in Nov. 2004, attended Interview, Visa Officer told me :" I am very Satisfied with you Work Experience, and You have scored enough points to be accepted, however I need to review the case and will contact you after one month from today". He asked me to provide him with Updated Police Certificates from Iraq and Jordan where i used to live, already gave him the UAE police Certificate, and asked me to present detailed account statements. Within one month every thing was sent to the Embassy and received according to the DHL office in ABU DHABI. in last April i ordered my CAIPSNOTES and found out that i obtained 77 points in the Interview and my BDF was on 3rd May 2005. I sent 3 faxes during that period and called the Embassy once asking about the delay in getting reply to my enquiry but got nothing.

My Question is : I know i can transfer my File to Londong Office, but do you think it is a Good Thing to Do ?? I really want an Expert Advice, so if you can help me, please do not hesitate to answer me so as to let me decide whether to keep the file in Damascus or transfer it to London, I know there will be a new process according to London office but at least i will know that one day within two years i will have my visa ...

Thanks alot for reading and for your kind advice.

yours Riadh
Old Sep 4th 2005, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Applied in 2000 to Damascus Office - Need Advice Please

salam o alikum , no brother you can't . I believe under new laws they dont allow applicants to transfer files from one country to another.
I know i can transfer my File to Londong Office
Old Sep 4th 2005, 5:22 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all - you cannot transfer file to London. You are Iraqi and Damascus is visa post that has jurisdiction. You are temporary only in Abu Dhabi.

Second - even if you would be eligible for transfer (note that there is no more transfer on demand available anyway), it won't change anything, it would only delay the process.

You already have positive selection decision and all what damascus is waiting for are results of your security check. Transfer of file anywhere won't change the waiting time for security check that is done completely outside CIC by Canadian intelligence and security agencies.

Relax and wait.

Originally Posted by Riadh
Hi Everyone,

this is the first time for me to write here, but i used to surfe this website almost every day looking for some ANSWERS to my questions.

Briefly: I am Iraqi, have lodged my application in Damascus Office in Jan. 2000, in Feb. 2000 received a letter from the Embassy with my Federal File No., in 2001 i got an Employment Visa in Abu Dhabi -UAE, I informed the Embassy thereabout. in 2003, received a Fax requesting me new documents+ IELST or TEF - French Language - Results (I speack both languages). in late Sept. 2004, received an invitation to attend selection Interview in Damascus. in Nov. 2004, attended Interview, Visa Officer told me :" I am very Satisfied with you Work Experience, and You have scored enough points to be accepted, however I need to review the case and will contact you after one month from today". He asked me to provide him with Updated Police Certificates from Iraq and Jordan where i used to live, already gave him the UAE police Certificate, and asked me to present detailed account statements. Within one month every thing was sent to the Embassy and received according to the DHL office in ABU DHABI. in last April i ordered my CAIPSNOTES and found out that i obtained 77 points in the Interview and my BDF was on 3rd May 2005. I sent 3 faxes during that period and called the Embassy once asking about the delay in getting reply to my enquiry but got nothing.

My Question is : I know i can transfer my File to Londong Office, but do you think it is a Good Thing to Do ?? I really want an Expert Advice, so if you can help me, please do not hesitate to answer me so as to let me decide whether to keep the file in Damascus or transfer it to London, I know there will be a new process according to London office but at least i will know that one day within two years i will have my visa ...

Thanks alot for reading and for your kind advice.

yours Riadh
Old Sep 4th 2005, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

giso is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
First of all - you cannot transfer file to London. You are Iraqi and Damascus is visa post that has jurisdiction. You are temporary only in Abu Dhabi.

Second - even if you would be eligible for transfer (note that there is no more transfer on demand available anyway), it won't change anything, it would only delay the process.

You already have positive selection decision and all what damascus is waiting for are results of your security check. Transfer of file anywhere won't change the waiting time for security check that is done completely outside CIC by Canadian intelligence and security agencies.

Relax and wait.
Well mr Andrew
he is not a temporary resident of uae he is a perminant resident there as he has a work visa, it is different in gulf countries.
but ofcourse , i guess transfering his paapers-if possible- will only delay it more. all he has to do is wait and pray.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 8:00 am
Incubating!

Michel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Riadh.. I see you are knocking all the doors )
Old Sep 4th 2005, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

samon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Michel
Hi Riadh.. I see you are knocking all the doors )
Ha ha ha.. I see you are being followed..Riadh.
Cheers & have one
Old Sep 4th 2005, 1:40 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samon
Ha ha ha.. I see you are being followed..Riadh.
Cheers & have one
One can ask for a file to be transferred but it is not likely to be allowed and it will definitely further delay the application.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 6:01 pm
zmh
Just Joined

zmh is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Applied in 2000 to Damascus Office - Need Advice Please

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
One can ask for a file to be transferred but it is not likely to be allowed and it will definitely further delay the application.
Hi Riadh,
Hi Michel,
Riadh just wait, wait and wait.
Michel and Riadh
Good News, it seems they began moving again in Damascus.
Yesterday, I heard in the music’s school of my kids that one of their employees got a call from the embassy to submit his passport.
I think it is a good sign.
Last week I ordered my CAIPS again and yesterday I send a new letter by recommended mail to Damascus, they will receive it maybe next Thursday.
I will inform you about any news.
Zmh
Old Sep 4th 2005, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Riadh is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Mr. Miller,

thanks alot for your reply and God bless you, i can see you helping alot of people here, it is really Good. I thought i would be able to Transfer to London office because I already wrote to them and they sent me an approval with a note: "You need to inform Damascus to transfer your file" .

Hi all Michel zmh are you here too, well i knew about this Forum and let me say i think it is much better, however I can not forget our original home Forum, even though it is not full of good news anymore, let us hope for the best and good luck all.

Yours
Riadh

N.B: it is nice to be followed sometime, at least you know that people do care abt you!! Thanks men. wish you good luck
Old Sep 4th 2005, 6:48 pm
zmh
Just Joined

zmh is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Mr. Miller,

thanks alot for your reply and God bless you, i can see you helping alot of people here, it is really Good. I thought i would be able to Transfer to London office because I already wrote to them and they sent me an approval with a note: "You need to inform Damascus to transfer your file" .

Hi all Michel zmh are you here too, well i knew about this Forum and let me say i think it is much better, however I can not forget our original home Forum, even though it is not full of good news anymore, let us hope for the best and good luck all.

Yours
Riadh

N.B: it is nice to be followed sometime, at least you know that people do care abt you!! Thanks men. wish you good luck

Riadh,
This forum and our home forum are the best.
Also because you speak french, I am also subscribed to the the french forum
www.immigrer.com
You can get usefull infos.
Regards.
zmh
Old Sep 4th 2005, 6:49 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

It is not CHC London who decides if your file can be transferred - it is Damascus.

Transfer at this stage will only delay the process as assessment of your case is completed, only security and medicals are left to be completed, so stay put and don't try to transfer anything.

Dear Mr. Miller,

Yours
Riadh