applications might be capped?

Old Jul 25th 2011, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default applications might be capped?

see below:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...208/story.html

of course this is yet only on discussion level...but ...
Old Jul 25th 2011, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: applications might be capped?

Originally Posted by manitobain
see below:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...208/story.html

of course this is yet only on discussion level...but ...
Not a bad idea actually IMO
Old Jul 26th 2011, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

....depends on which side of the fence you are sitting...right?
Old Jul 26th 2011, 6:03 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Linsy... I'd rather be told no, try agan next year, than be accepted and wait 4-7 years to be processed along with all the goalpost moving and confusion associated with an overloaded immigration system.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

This is confusing, because the introduction to the article indicates Canada could consider completely stopping new applications - yet the comments from Minister Kenney only talk about capping?

There is already 10,000 per year cap on FSW1 applications. The main gist of the article is that they may consider capping other categories.

I think to completely stop applications would be foolish and naive, they would be introducing immigrants into the system many of whom will not have in-demand skills.

IMO it is much better to ease the backlog into the workforce alongside some new applicants who have in-demand skills. I think the current limit of 10,000 is fair and allows them to eat into their backlog.

Capping other popular categories may be a reasonable option though.

Wayne.

Last edited by Waggle; Jul 26th 2011 at 8:23 am.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

You are right ...... its easy for me to suggest this having managed to get through to ppr butI'm not suggesting that you halt those applications already sent in but rather close the doors for 6 months to let them catch up with the backlog.
It's no worse than finding out your noc is no longer on the list.

I just think it's a more honest approach
Lns
Old Jul 26th 2011, 7:37 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we just need to be more fussy who we let in now?
Old Jul 26th 2011, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I think the FSW route is perfect enough at selecting the right people, it's just that there is always the issue of family sponsorship. You can't expect everyone who comes into Canada to be skilled unfortunately.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 7:54 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
I think the FSW route is perfect enough at selecting the right people, it's just that there is always the issue of family sponsorship. You can't expect everyone who comes into Canada to be skilled unfortunately.
Why not?
Old Jul 26th 2011, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Maybe we just need to be more fussy who we let in now?
They also need to seriously clamp down on fraudulent applications at the earliest possible stage. It is unfair enough on honest applicants to have to endure these delays, without further delays being incurred when CIC have to waste time dealing with fraudsters.

Here's the latest little gem from canadavisa.com and someone actually asking advice on how to do this!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-imm...9664.4125.html

"Hi Experts,
My profession is not in 29 demand list of Canada. My spouse have M.SC in social science but don't have any professional experience in that profession.
But we are seriously looking for immigration. What can we do now? One of my very close friend work in an NGO. He suggest us to submit file where my spouse will be primary applicant and he will provide necessary documents from his organization where he will show that my wife working in his organization for the last 5 years as social worker.

Now my question is:
1. Can we apply in that way as "Social Worker"?
2. Will they verify all documents?
3. If they made phone call to the referees -- no issue? But if they physically come to investigate then it will be a problem. Do they come physically to investigate???
4. Till now only 10 out of 500 allowed quota for "Social Worker" filled up. If we are planning to submit the file in Septembor, will we be in that 500 quota?

Please somebody come up and suggest us. Can we apply at this way."

I think it's bad enough that they consider doing this - but even worse when they talk about it openly on a public forum and expect help!!

Wayne.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 1:49 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggle

I think it's bad enough that they consider doing this - but even worse when they talk about it openly on a public forum and expect help!!

Wayne.
Wayne

I agree. Just shows you the mindset of some people. Openly fraudulent.