Wikiposts

Application Withdrawal

Old Nov 12th 2005, 3:16 am
Tokyo, Japan

Watcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application Withdrawal

Hi everybody,
If I did withdraw the application for pr, will the processing fee also be refunded? Since I have applied through Manila (the waiting time is insane) Im planning to apply through my home country, where waiting time is much shorter compared to Manila. Any openion would be highly appriciated. Btw, I have applied about 2 months ago, and havent even received aor yet.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 3:41 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Application Withdrawal

No, you will not get fee back. Unless your application is incomplete and is returned to you.

Originally Posted by Watcher
Hi everybody,
If I did withdraw the application for pr, will the processing fee also be refunded? Since I have applied through Manila (the waiting time is insane) Im planning to apply through my home country, where waiting time is much shorter compared to Manila. Any openion would be highly appriciated. Btw, I have applied about 2 months ago, and havent even received aor yet.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

mirceaf is an unknown quantity at this point

if you haven't asked to withdraw your application yet, you can request to have the file transfered to your home country visa post. In this way you wouldn't lose the proc fee.

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
No, you will not get fee back. Unless your application is incomplete and is returned to you.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 6:30 am

There is no tranfer of files on demand possible anymore.

Originally Posted by mirceaf
if you haven't asked to withdraw your application yet, you can request to have the file transfered to your home country visa post. In this way you wouldn't lose the proc fee.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

Andrew but why they say here you can contact the office regarding transfer:

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/syria/faq-en.asp#11
Old Nov 12th 2005, 10:32 pm
Tokyo, Japan

Watcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Ibraheem, I also thought its not available any more until you point out. Couldnt find any info regarding that either. Is it available at any embassy or only for Damascus applicants?
Old Nov 13th 2005, 3:02 am

As you read onfo in the page you provided lonk to you'll see words "program integrity". It is visa post (not applicant) that may decide to transfer file if such transfer "will enhance integrity of the process". For example - person applied before rules changed to visa post not normally processing applications from his/her country and transfer of file to proper visa post will be justified.

Transfer of file for other reason (for "faster processing" as original poster indicated) in most cases won't be granted, unless it "enhances integrity of the process".

Originally Posted by Ibraheem
Andrew but why they say here you can contact the office regarding transfer:

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/syria/faq-en.asp#11