Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

The Application Stages Federal Skilled Worker

The Application Stages Federal Skilled Worker

Old Jun 25th 2011, 9:12 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Cheshire hopefully Vancouver soon
Posts: 59
cplifts is on a distinguished road
Default The Application Stages

Hi
I am quite new to this forum and reading peoples threads i am a bit confused. We applied in October 2007, have sent our documents and our medicals so is the next stage passport requests? I have read people saying about RPRF -what is this? Also at what point do you apply for permanent residency? Many thanks in advance to anyone who replies

Last edited by cplifts; Jun 25th 2011 at 11:06 am.
cplifts is offline  
Old Jun 25th 2011, 2:27 pm
  #2  
Done!
 
engineer80's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 619
engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Application Stages Federal Skilled Worker

Hello and welcome to the forum Yes, once you have had your medicals and they have been sent to CIC, the next stage would be a request for your passports (PPR) or if there is a problem with your medicals, a request for further information/tests.

RPRF stands for Right of Permanent Residence Fee. You will have been given the option of paying this with your initial application fees or some people do defer the payment until it is requested from CHC before visa issuance. Hope this helps.
engineer80 is offline  
Old Jun 25th 2011, 4:29 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Cheshire hopefully Vancouver soon
Posts: 59
cplifts is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Application Stages Federal Skilled Worker

Originally Posted by engineer80
Hello and welcome to the forum Yes, once you have had your medicals and they have been sent to CIC, the next stage would be a request for your passports (PPR) or if there is a problem with your medicals, a request for further information/tests.

RPRF stands for Right of Permanent Residence Fee. You will have been given the option of paying this with your initial application fees or some people do defer the payment until it is requested from CHC before visa issuance. Hope this helps.
Hello and thank you! Notice you are at the same stage ..... waiting, waiting and waiting! Hopefully they will come soon!
cplifts is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2011, 2:16 am
  #4  
x 0 x
 
JB0591's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 909
JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Application Stages Federal Skilled Worker

Given your extra med were sent in Mar, can I suggest if you are thinking about contacting the embassy, you send a case specific request asking "Is there anything else you need from us?"

(I word it that way rather than asking why have they not done it yet)

This was the advice we got at an Canada show from the embassy official who gave a presentation then did Q&A. He said to email and ask if you need to do anything else. He said someone might pick up your file and check if they are awaiting anything else.
JB0591 is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2011, 3:09 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Cheshire hopefully Vancouver soon
Posts: 59
cplifts is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Application Stages Federal Skilled Worker

Originally Posted by JB0591
Given your extra med were sent in Mar, can I suggest if you are thinking about contacting the embassy, you send a case specific request asking "Is there anything else you need from us?"

(I word it that way rather than asking why have they not done it yet)

This was the advice we got at an Canada show from the embassy official who gave a presentation then did Q&A. He said to email and ask if you need to do anything else. He said someone might pick up your file and check if they are awaiting anything else.
Thanks for that -thats a good tip as my other requestes never seem to get a response. Will try that and let you know how it goes - Thank you!
cplifts is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2011, 11:04 am
  #6  
All Sooked up!
 
james.mc's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Sooke, BC.
Posts: 1,894
james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Application Stages Federal Skilled Worker

JB0591 makes a valid point.

It's always better to be proactive and ask how you can help CIC, rather than ask why they are not helping you as quickly as you'd like.
james.mc is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2011, 11:32 am
  #7  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Cheshire hopefully Vancouver soon
Posts: 59
cplifts is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Application Stages Federal Skilled Worker

Originally Posted by james.mc
JB0591 makes a valid point.

It's always better to be proactive and ask how you can help CIC, rather than ask why they are not helping you as quickly as you'd like.
Thank you , Have just sent an email asking is there is anything else they need from us... fingers crossed this will prompt them!
cplifts is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.