Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Application To Sponsor - Question Has Me Stumped

Application To Sponsor - Question Has Me Stumped

Old Apr 18th 2009, 3:50 am
Keep Calm & Carry On

broonn will become famous soon enoughbroonn will become famous soon enough
Default Application To Sponsor - Question Has Me Stumped

One single part has stopped me from completing all the forms needed for the Spouse PR application.

The form is : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit.../IMM1344EA.pdf

On page 3 it says :

The address is one in the UK, where I (being sponsored) currently live.

I obviously disregard section b, because I'm currently living in the same country as my nationality.

Section C is throwing me. I obviously want the application to be sent to London after it's checked in Canada. But I don't know if the question relates to the entire visa or the spouse part? I think looking at all these forms has made my head explode! IE. does "THIS COUNTRY" mean the country where we are applying to go to or the country the person being sponsored currently lives in?

My instincts tell me to tick YES, as it seems to be referring to the address above in the same section....

Last edited by broonn; Apr 18th 2009 at 3:53 am.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

DATHI2003 is just really niceDATHI2003 is just really niceDATHI2003 is just really niceDATHI2003 is just really niceDATHI2003 is just really niceDATHI2003 is just really niceDATHI2003 is just really niceDATHI2003 is just really niceDATHI2003 is just really niceDATHI2003 is just really niceDATHI2003 is just really nice
Default Re: Application To Sponsor - Question Has Me Stumped

The answer is YES... I know what you mean..myself and other half had a row every time we filled out these forms..its like they are designed to trip you up..good luck.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:52 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Part C, tick YES. You want the application to be processed by the London visa office as the country of residence of the UK resident being sponsored.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 9:19 am
Keep Calm & Carry On

broonn will become famous soon enoughbroonn will become famous soon enough

Thanks. It does (sort of) make sense in isolation. But in the context of the entire form it's a bit of a mind scramble after you been looking at forms all day!

Mods, feel free to close this
Old Apr 18th 2009, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Application To Sponsor - Question Has Me Stumped

Hey Broon,

I have given you some advise before, hope it was all ok, you should tick YES to to the final question, these questions are very tricky and desgined to try and mess you up, it took us ages to get through them BUT we got through them in the end and it got approved, at the end of the day read ALL the questions and just analyise them continuosly until it makes sense, the answer is YES because your application is being processed in London visa office. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

MR79