Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Application for Selection Certificate

Application for Selection Certificate

Old Jul 6th 2005, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of
Default Application for Selection Certificate

Hi, I am considering apply for a Candian visa through the Quebec provincial scheme. I have read about what is required but have a few queries I was hoping someone could please help me with:

1: After you receive the Selection Certificate you then apply through CIC but I want to know how long the Selection Certificate is valid for. After receiving it, how long can you put off the next step basically.

2: It asks you to send bank statements etc. as proof of supporting yourself but unlike applying for normal federal PR it does not mention the amount of funds you need in place. Does anybody know what the amount is for the Quebec stage of application?

3: It lists my local Canadian Immigration office abroad as Paris. I'm in UK and have beginner/intermediate French skills. However, everything through the Paris branch is in French. The Vienna branch has all its info and forms in English. Is it possible to apply though there instead?

Any help on these queries is very much appreciated. Thanks.