Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Application refused.... But never received 90 day letter?

Wikiposts

Application refused.... But never received 90 day letter?

Old Mar 6th 2010, 12:26 am
Just Joined

mikeee will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Application refused.... But never received 90 day letter?

Hi,

My AOR was stamped Mar 2007 with an estimated wait time of 45 months.

I received a letter yesterday stating that my application did not meet requirements as I had not sent the requested documentation requested via a letter that was sent to me in Feb 2009 (I presume this would be my 90 day letter). The problem is that I never received this letter!

Having trawled the forum threads I cannot find anyone else who seems to have been through this experience.

I am very distressed and would be very gateful for any advice on the next steps for me and my family. Should I send an email to the High Commission or go down there and try to speak to someone.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Application refused.... But never received 90 day letter?

Hi
Oh my GOD!!!! You need to send them a case specific e-mail as soon as possible to explain that you were quoted... so many months ...and that you never got a letter to update your documents, ask if they can resend the letter and give you time to submit. Check that they have the correct address for you.
Heaps of good luck on this. Usually when they refuse, they will not enter into further dialogue. Please bear in mind that you only have 60 days to appeal to the Federal Court of Canada if outside Canada and that if you do not get the response you want straight away, then you need to be looking to take this further. I do have a Lawyer's details who acted for us. If you want those details PM me, he will also give free limited advice. CHC tried to delay their response to us until they thought that they had exceeded the 60 days....so please beware.
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by mikeee
Hi,

I received a letter yesterday stating that my application did not meet requirements as I had not sent the requested documentation requested via a letter that was sent to me in Feb 2009 (I presume this would be my 90 day letter). The problem is that I never received this letter!

Having trawled the forum threads I cannot find anyone else who seems to have been through this experience.

I am very distressed and would be very gateful for any advice on the next steps for me and my family. Should I send an email to the High Commission or go down there and try to speak to someone.

Old Mar 6th 2010, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

sorry to hear your experience & hope you manage to turn things round for a positive out come
Old Mar 6th 2010, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

OMG that's awful and I really think that as Stef says....you need to appeal this asap to have a good chance of continuing with this application. Going to CHC really won't get you anywhere because they have a set way of dealing with people there, i.e dropping off files and dropping off and picking up passports. Good luck.

Last edited by Robin (The Gadget family); Mar 6th 2010 at 9:23 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

mikeee will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Thanks for your replies, advice and support.

I sent an email explaining the situation and received a reply within 24 hours stating that if I can submit the necessary documents within 60 days my case will be reopened.

It's not the 120 days offered on my AOR but I'll take it!
Old Mar 12th 2010, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Phew!!!!!! What a relief!!!!!!
You do know how lucky you are...don't you?????????
I would have a drink to celebrate. Good luck with the gathering of info.
lol
Stef

I sent an email explaining the situation and received a reply within 24 hours stating that if I can submit the necessary documents within 60 days my case will be reopened.

It's not the 120 days offered on my AOR but I'll take it![/QUOTE]
Old Mar 12th 2010, 10:11 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

That is brilliant news, i'm really pleased for you

Good luck with getting all your documents together now
Old Mar 12th 2010, 11:55 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

That is fantastic - good luck with it this time round.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Goodluck and hopefully you will get PR in the not too distant future.

Poppit
Old Mar 13th 2010, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, PHEW and a big sigh of relief......now the stress of gathering docs!.......Have fun!
Old Mar 13th 2010, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thats great news mikeee, well done for responding so quickly
We are AOR April 07 i was worried that ours may have got lost in the post so sent a case specifif email which they replied we were still within the time stated on AOR 42-48 months so shut up and wait ( well words to that effect )

at least after the third email i had a reply so if the same thing happens to us we have proof we tried to contact them

Wishing you all the best in getting all your docs together
Old Mar 13th 2010, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Hi,

Thats great news. Congratulations.

Ray
Old Mar 13th 2010, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

cacole has a brilliant futurecacole has a brilliant futurecacole has a brilliant futurecacole has a brilliant futurecacole has a brilliant futurecacole has a brilliant future

Thak God for that!

Good luck with the rest of the process
Old Mar 14th 2010, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice

Good luck Mikeee

Binty
Old Mar 15th 2010, 12:57 am
Just Joined

emojane is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Application refused.... But never received 90 day letter?

Hi there just wondering about the 12 day letter

I know my application was received in Jan 2010 but when I sent my application I sent them everything so they have sent back my original documents ie educational certs degree and police clearance ...

What is needed in the 120 day letter as I want to get the ball rolling for when it comes. I checked my status oon their website and it said Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) Eligibility Review Complete

So does anybody received the same kinda letter?

I just don't want to mess things up

EJ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.