Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Application in process - whats next

Application in process - whats next

Old Oct 1st 2014, 6:07 am
Just Joined

roadtocanada2014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application in process - whats next

Hi Folks.. A quick question - I applied for my PR under the BC PNP i march and my application in in Process as of 24th September.How long does it take for the decision made ? I know its on a case by case basis but any rough indication ?

The atcual question - I am an Australian/New Zealand citizen - Will CIC ask for my passport ? Is there anything I could get ready so once the decision is made I can send them what ever is required - may be documents, pictures etc ?

Thank you. Just FYI - my application reached CIC in march endt his year.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 7:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Application in process - whats next

Sounds like you've got a way to go if you only applied in March. You can check current processing times for your visa office here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...provincial.asp

'In Process' doesn't actually mean anything unless it says 'we started processing your application on xxxxxx date', does it?

'In Process' just means 'we've got your app and it's sat in the queue waiting to be looked at when we get round to it', when it says 'we started processing....' then you know it's actually been looked at.

HTH.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Sounds like you've got a way to go if you only applied in March. You can check current processing times for your visa office here - Processing times for provincial nominee applications

'In Process' doesn't actually mean anything unless it says 'we started processing your application on xxxxxx date', does it?

'In Process' just means 'we've got your app and it's sat in the queue waiting to be looked at when we get round to it', when it says 'we started processing....' then you know it's actually been looked at.

HTH.
O thanks Chris. Yes, it says we started procesing it on September 24th 2014. So am I still far away ? Will they ask for my passport ?

Thank you
Old Oct 1st 2014, 7:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roadtocanada2014
O thanks Chris. Yes, it says we started procesing it on September 24th 2014. So am I still far away ? Will they ask for my passport ?

Thank you
I'd think you've still got quite a wait, but without knowing your visa office it's hard to tell - you need to look at the link above and find out processing times for your visa office, that will give you a guide.

And normally you just have to send photocopies of your passport pages, but again that depends in your visa office.

HTH.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 8:03 am
Just Joined

No worries at all. Thank you so much. You are always very kind to respond so promptly. I have no idea where my file is.. I requested for my file to be transferred to Sydney, Ausralia but never got a file transfer letter.. Just the AOR and medical request and it did not mention anything about the transfer either.. I sent emails to Cic but no response.. Apparently, I was told that because I am in canada my file would be transferred to Ottawa but most likely Sydney NS would process it as they are running a pilot to process some applications there.. Who knows what the truth is and where my file is.. Lol. As long as I get my PR soon. Is there any way I could find my office through Ecas ?

Thanks again and have a fabulous rest of your week.