Application Process Timeline

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of
Default Re: Application Process Timeline

Originally Posted by SunnySussex
Anyone recently applied to the London Office as Skilled worker ?.
Its taken 3 months to get an Acknowledgement card, and it says on there that we might not hear anythign else for another 15 months!!!!! (Geez, i'll be nearly 2 years older than when I started the application process).

Surely we will hear something before then ?????.

Anyone know why the heck it takes so long ????

Hi Sunny Sussex,
Welcome to the Canadian roller coaster Express..... If you have just received your AOR and it states 15 months thats not tooo bad, I did read that some people have been quoted 20 months from AOR.

You will probably hear something from 1 year onwards from this AOR Card...then all of a sudden paperwork comes flying in from CHC. it's just the way it is.

Actually although you want to move now, the year or so that you may have to wait may help you make some decisions, and get info, like selling your house and buying where you wish to settle, and this forum provides a wealth of info on helping you with resettling.
Anyway good luck
regards
frankieforehead
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 5:46 am
Just Joined

Hopeful Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone recently applied to the London Office as Skilled

worker ?.
Its taken 3 months to get an Acknowledgement card, and it says on there that we might not hear anythign else for another 15 months!!!!! (Geez, i'll be nearly 2 years older than when I started the application process).

Hi Sunny,
You better get used to a long wait !!
My Daughter lives in Vancouver and applied to sponser my wife and I as relatives last April,( 2004). At the moment the waiting time for her application to be dealt with is 21months and increasing daily. When we started the delay was quoted as 12-14 months.
She tells me that priority is being given to immigrants from the tsunami hit areas at the present time.
I also believe the immigration services, in Canada , have experienced union problems, strikes, etc.

Mike.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

allie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud of

Check out a similar thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276278 on London timelines
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 11:51 pm
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

See timeline in my sig.

Old Apr 4th 2005, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

Geet is on a distinguished road

I just love more company......
Old Apr 4th 2005, 3:50 am
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geet
I just love more company......
All friends together...
Old Apr 4th 2005, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Blimey, does this mean London are speeding up ( )? What I mean is that your AOR card states 15 months, mine says 18 months and mine is from Aug 2004, anyone else recently got AOR with 15 months stated on the reverse ?

Patrick.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

allie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud of

Mine said 18 months
Old Apr 4th 2005, 10:57 am
Lyles

Let's hope it means they ARE speeding up. Could do with a good Christmas in Calgary!!! My AOR is Feb 04 and the card said 18 months. Mmmmmm! One does wonder!

L

Originally Posted by smitp11
Blimey, does this mean London are speeding up ( )? What I mean is that your AOR card states 15 months, mine says 18 months and mine is from Aug 2004, anyone else recently got AOR with 15 months stated on the reverse ?

Patrick.

Old Apr 5th 2005, 7:32 am
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

Originally Posted by allie2
Mine said 18 months
Ditto (Jul 2004 AOR)
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:12 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

got my AOR mid Jan 2005 mine says 21 months
Old Apr 6th 2005, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

KennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to all

I recieved my AOR in November 2004. Does that mean it'll be 2006 B4 I get my Visa?
Jeez!
:scared:
Old Apr 6th 2005, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

Do you not think that they just send you out any old card because the dates that are on them do not seem to run concurrent?