Application Process Timeline

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

SunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really nice
Default Application Process Timeline

Anyone recently applied to the London Office as Skilled worker ?.
Its taken 3 months to get an Acknowledgement card, and it says on there that we might not hear anythign else for another 15 months!!!!! (Geez, i'll be nearly 2 years older than when I started the application process).

Surely we will hear something before then ?????.

Anyone know why the heck it takes so long ????

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 6:01 pm
ly1
Forum Regular

ly1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Application Process Timeline

Hold it buddy,

I ve applied to London on Oct 2001 and still haven't heard from them, so dont be too optimistic.

Cheers

Originally posted by SunnySussex
Its taken 3 months to get an Acknowledgement card, and it says on there that we might not hear anythign else for another 15 months!!!!! (Geez, i'll be nearly 2 years older than when I started the application process).

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

SunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really nice

I dont even think I can wait 15 months.
Our life is on hold (everything revolves around moving there)

Its like being in Limbo!!!!

We wont buy anything new because we know we dont want to accumalte any more stuff. We are already thinking about what we will take and what will get dumped.

So how come London office is so far behind and is anything gonna be done about it ?. Surely they cant expect people to wait 2 years to know!!!.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

billyinscotland is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied to London office, but on a PNP, in October, AOR within 3 weeks, medical forms on Jan 6th. Reading some of the stories on here regarding waiti ng times is scary.................billy
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

Friend of mine just returned to Hong Kong (their student visa expired). They have a 4 year wait...
Old Jan 24th 2004, 5:33 am
Just Joined

LindaK is an unknown quantity at this point

We applied to London mid August 2003 under skilled worker class, received acknowledgement letter about 10 days later but have heard nothing since. We know what you mean about being in a limbo. We did hear from my sister in Canada that someone who applied mid June 2003 has just heard that they have been accepted! Presumably they still have all the medicals etc to do. We live in hope!!
Old Jan 25th 2004, 12:51 am
Just Joined

TONYMCROSS is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you think the delay is because you are applying as a skilled worker? I can see that lots of people seem to have experienced delays of nearly 2 years but is this just because of the immigration catagory?

We are considering immigrating under the 'investor' catagory but have no idea how long the wait will be or, for that matter, if it makes any difference.

Anyone found a way to fast track yet????
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Hi!
I'm brand new to this site, so this is my first post!

We came to Canada 12 years ago, and the whole process took nine months from application to a 'yes'. We applied through The Hague as we were living in Germany at the time. Maybe they are busier these days?

Best thing we ever did, by the way!

Good Luck to you!!
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Count yourself lucky, most people applying at present are are recieving the "you wont hear for 24 months" AOR card.

Good luck with the wait!

Originally Posted by SunnySussex

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 8:35 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I think the quickest way into the country apart from spousal sponsorship, is via a temporary work permit. The difficulty there is that you have to have somebody offer you a job, and they I think have to have demonstrated that they need you in particular and that Canadians were not queuing up to fill it.
Having got that, you can only go there to THAT job, and your work permit expires as that does, so it is iffy, especially if you have a family who depend on you. But I have heard of people who have gone under such an arrangement and then started their Permanent Residents application while there.

Another course is via the Provincial Nominee Programme (PNP). This is run by some provinces to attract skilled workers into certain geographical or work areas where they are short. This is not so binding, after an agreed period perhaps.

Some "ordinary" skilled workers who post on here have in fact had contact from the CHC around THIRTEEN months after their AOR, and some have waited a lot longer as stated above. There doesn't seem to be much obvious reason, and it is very hard to be patient, not knowing whether there is something in the post right now for us, 14 months after our AOR, or whether our application has been dropped behind a radiator somewhere at the London office, or whether its been sent to the wrong address, or there is some holdup of which we are blissfully unaware! There seem to be a lot of instances of misplaced, or misdirected mail, requests fro further information etc which go astray.

The hardest thing is that there is no way to easily find out. People fax the CHC or call in person sometimes, with variable results.

Yes the waiting and suspense is terrible, and whatever people advise it is very dificult NOT to "put your life on hold". Our son has applied to uni out there, we have people who may be interested in employing us, but not until we can say when we are going out. Do we put the house on the market now as sales are so slow and we need to sell before we move, and we (had) hope(d) to be out there by this summer. Maybe we will be ?????!!!!!

If you really feel from now that you will not be able to hack this, nobody would blame you for saying forget it right now. It all depends I suppose on how set you are on going. You can fill the time with research, trips out there, doing up your house to sell, but still in the end, there are no guarantees.

Its up to you ..... we are still going for it, so I don't want to appear as negative as some, but I can tell you it is bloody hard at times. And, when you get there, there's no guarantees life will be a bed of roses either ..... read up some of the posts on the board!

To Summarise..... GOOD LUCK!!!

Morw

Last edited by Alberta_Rose; Apr 2nd 2005 at 8:54 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 8:59 pm
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

Apparently CHC London issues something like 40,000 visas a year. Approx 6000 are PR, and the rest is comprised of study, temporary, work permits, family class etc etc.

Their catchment area is huge, so they are not just dealing with UK applications. I know this doesn't help you very much, but at least you know that you are not the only ones getting frustrated by the wait.

Sorry to be a wet blanket

Scouse
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 11:11 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We sent in all the documentation in January 2004 then received acknowledgement that the process had started for us as of March 2004. Our lawyers said that on average it takes around 13 months but can be as long as 18 - 20.

Waiting, waiting, waiting. In limbo and like everyone else here refusing to buy anything new for the house or car just in case.

Don't think it takes this long to get into Britain but then again, you just have to sneak onto a lorry to get accepted here. Oops, better bury that bitterness again. Where did I put that shovel????
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 1:07 am
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ly1
Hold it buddy,

I ve applied to London on Oct 2001 and still haven't heard from them, so dont be too optimistic.

Cheers
Hi ly1 - have you chased CHC - that doesn't sound right. They are apparently currently routinely dealing with applications made during November/December 2003.

Jen
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 1:12 am
jedi in training

buzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jenwren
Hi ly1 - have you chased CHC - that doesn't sound right. They are apparently currently routinely dealing with applications made during November/December 2003.

Jen
I would second that, i posted my application to them may 2004 and never got an aor, so jan 2005 i went down there in person( as they failed to respond to my various fax's and letters), suprise suprise they had cocked up and sent my aor elsewhere. What im trying to highlight is they can and do make mistakes.

good luck
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 1:25 am
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Hi SunnySussex

Just out of interest when did you apply? Recently people have been getting 24 months on their AOR's - so if you have applied very recently then they have dropped the waiting time again .... which could be interesting ... or not!!

Jen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.