British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   application for PR (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/application-pr-861796/)

njj74 Jul 14th 2015 11:43 am

application for PR

Hi all

hope you are well.

Just wondered whether anybody could advise as to how long they had to wait after applying for PR to Sydney Nova Scotia before they received an acnowledgement.

Thanks in advance

Nic

christmasoompa Jul 14th 2015 11:48 am

Re: application for PR

Originally Posted by njj74 (Post 11699028)
Hi all

hope you are well.

Just wondered whether anybody could advise as to how long they had to wait after applying for PR to Sydney Nova Scotia before they received an acnowledgement.

Thanks in advance

Nic

Assuming you're applying under the old system (pre Express Entry), it's usually approx 4 months to get the AOR.

HTH.

njj74 Jul 14th 2015 1:08 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

We sent it by next day delivery because the time period was nearly up and we didnt know whether we would be able to go due to personal circumstances. Hope we made the deadline in time.

Thanks again

christmasoompa Jul 14th 2015 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by njj74 (Post 11699086)
Thanks for the quick reply.

We sent it by next day delivery because the time period was nearly up and we didnt know whether we would be able to go due to personal circumstances. Hope we made the deadline in time.

Thanks again

Presumably you sent it tracked? So as long as you can show that it was signed for before the deadline, you're fine.

Good luck.

njj74 Jul 14th 2015 8:35 pm

Well I double checked..we posted it on the 26th June but because of the bank holiday it was delivered on the 2nd July. Our expiry date was the 1st ... do you think they will give us grace because of Canada day...

Many thanks

Tirytory Jul 14th 2015 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by njj74 (Post 11699483)
Well I double checked..we posted it on the 26th June but because of the bank holiday it was delivered on the 2nd July. Our expiry date was the 1st ... do you think they will give us grace because of Canada day...

Many thanks

Last year?:blink:

njj74 Jul 15th 2015 5:57 am

No this year 😐

Tirytory Jul 15th 2015 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by njj74 (Post 11699733)
No this year � ����

Confused now... Are you talking about a provincial nomination programme?

As of January 1st the only way you can apply for PR is through the online Express Entry process, you submit a profile and then wait to ask to be invited to apply..

bc2015 Jul 15th 2015 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Tirytory (Post 11700426)
Confused now... Are you talking about a provincial nomination programme?

As of January 1st the only way you can apply for PR is through the online Express Entry process, you submit a profile and then wait to ask to be invited to apply..

Judging by previous posts, it's a PNP nomination that expired on July 1st.

Tirytory Jul 15th 2015 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by bc2015 (Post 11700439)
Judging by previous posts, it's a PNP nomination that expired on July 1st.

Mm I started looking through and realised that...cutting it fine eh?:unsure:

SchnookoLoly Jul 15th 2015 8:54 pm

CIC is quite strict about deadlines... the file has to reach CIC on the right date... I'm not optimistic but I don't know for sure.

SchnookoLoly Jul 17th 2015 5:33 pm

You are better off starting a new thread as your question didn't have anything to do with the original post. :)