Application for PR

Old Sep 8th 2009, 4:39 am
Just Joined

DCui is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application for PR

I am not sure how to answer Q9 marital status of the PR form, as I am planning to get married in May 2010. Would it be OK if I put in Common-law, and then send the marriage cert with other supporting docs in the next sep? Please can some experienced users advise, many thanks.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 5:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Application for PR

Originally Posted by DCui
I am not sure how to answer Q9 marital status of the PR form, as I am planning to get married in May 2010. Would it be OK if I put in Common-law, and then send the marriage cert with other supporting docs in the next sep? Please can some experienced users advise, many thanks.
Bit confused, how will you send a marriage certificate with your supporting docs if you are not getting married until May 2010? Are you not planning on applying yet?

In any event, all you'll have to do is update CIC when you get married, and make sure that you do it before you land.

Good luck.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

MartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud of

Just answer it in respect of your current marital status, then update CIC when the time comes - as you would with any other changes.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

DCui is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot for your advice folks, I'm planning to send the initial forms in the coming days. Best of luck to all of us.
Dcui.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 11:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot for your advice folks, I'm planning to send the initial forms in the coming days. Best of luck to all of us.
Dcui.
Then you won't be married by the time you send your full info in anyway, and may even have PR by then!

Just make sure that you update CIC if you marry before landing otherwise it can invalidate your own visa.

Good luck.