Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Application for Permanent Residence

Wikiposts

Application for Permanent Residence

Old Sep 8th 2011, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

smithyutd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application for Permanent Residence

I'm trying to get all the forms together so that I can begin my application. Is there anywhere on this site that gives a full break down of what needs to be done and where you can get the paperwork to do it?

I've got all of these forms but they look like they're just for the card itself as it asks me for the day that I became a permanent resident...how do I apply for permanent residence??

I've checked the wiki and articles pages...I'm right at the beginning of this process so please be gentle.

Cheers
Old Sep 8th 2011, 3:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Application for Permanent Residence

Originally Posted by smithyutd
I'm trying to get all the forms together so that I can begin my application. Is there anywhere on this site that gives a full break down of what needs to be done and where you can get the paperwork to do it?

I've got all of these forms but they look like they're just for the card itself as it asks me for the day that I became a permanent resident...how do I apply for permanent residence??

I've checked the wiki and articles pages...I'm right at the beginning of this process so please be gentle.

Cheers
For what kind of application? I know you've said PR, but there are over 50 routes to PR, so which program would you be applying under?

Forget the form you've got, that isn't relevant at all, but all of the forms you need should be on the CIC website - but if you can tell us what type of application it will be, we can give you the link.

Old Sep 8th 2011, 3:43 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

What route are you using?
You need to start here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp
and follow the pathway for the route you are using.

If you are FSW like us, follow the Skilled Worker pathway and just keep going!
Old Sep 8th 2011, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

Found it!

My spouse will be sponsoring me.

Does anyone know if we can apply for this with us both living in South Korea at the time? We'd like to do that so that we can hit the ground running on returning to Canada with me being able to work and stuff.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 3:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

My spouse will be sponsoring me.

Does anyone know if we can apply for this with us both living in South Korea at the time? We'd like to do that so that we can hit the ground running on returning to Canada with me being able to work and stuff.
Just to make sure you've got the correct one, this is what you should have - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cations/fc.asp

And assuming that she is a Canadian citizen (rather than a Permanent Resident) then yes, she can sponsor you from abroad so no problems.

Old Sep 8th 2011, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

Great news!

(Cute dog btw)