Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Application for Permanent Residence

Application for Permanent Residence

Old Nov 5th 2008, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

breech is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application for Permanent Residence

Hello everyone,

I have question regarding the form for Application for Permanent residence in Canada. Im a provincial nominee in BC.

There's a section in the form for photo that says, SPACE RESERVED FOR APPLICANT'S PHOTO, would i paste one in that space? or just leave it blank since there was an instruction to send 6 photos?

Thank you very much! Im about to send off my application to Canadian Embassy here in Philippines..
Old Nov 6th 2008, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of
Default Re: Application for Permanent Residence

I know for an application from the UK, I had to submit the photographs in an envelope with name and date on the back of each photo. There should be instructions in your application pack.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

volovolo1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

They should have given you instructions on how to send photos. Basically you have to put them in an envelope after getting them signed by a designated person.
Originally Posted by breech
Hello everyone,

I have question regarding the form for Application for Permanent residence in Canada. Im a provincial nominee in BC.

There's a section in the form for photo that says, SPACE RESERVED FOR APPLICANT'S PHOTO, would i paste one in that space? or just leave it blank since there was an instruction to send 6 photos?

Thank you very much! Im about to send off my application to Canadian Embassy here in Philippines..
Old Nov 7th 2008, 5:22 am
Just Joined

Janaab is an unknown quantity at this point

The rectangular box on the first page of the application form labelled "Space reserved for applicant's photo" is part of the "FOR OFFICE USE ONLY" area on the top-right of the page.

Please see below for the instructions regarding photos.

Photos

Ask a photographer to provide you with a set of photos of yourself and each of your family members included in your application, whether they will be accompanying you or not. The required number of photos for each individual is indicated in Appendix A, under Photos.

Photos must comply with specifications given in Appendix C, Photo Specifications. Make sure you give a copy of these specifications to the photographer.

On the back of one photo (and only one) in each set, write the name and date of birth of the person appearing in the photo as well as the date the photo was taken.

Enclose each set of photos in separate envelopes. Write the family member’s name, date of birth and relationship to you on the corresponding envelope and close the envelope with a paper clip.

Photos must not be stapled, scratched, bent or bear any ink marks.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

breech is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Janaab
The rectangular box on the first page of the application form labelled "Space reserved for applicant's photo" is part of the "FOR OFFICE USE ONLY" area on the top-right of the page.

Please see below for the instructions regarding photos.

Photos

Ask a photographer to provide you with a set of photos of yourself and each of your family members included in your application, whether they will be accompanying you or not. The required number of photos for each individual is indicated in Appendix A, under Photos.

Photos must comply with specifications given in Appendix C, Photo Specifications. Make sure you give a copy of these specifications to the photographer.

On the back of one photo (and only one) in each set, write the name and date of birth of the person appearing in the photo as well as the date the photo was taken.

Enclose each set of photos in separate envelopes. Write the family member’s name, date of birth and relationship to you on the corresponding envelope and close the envelope with a paper clip.

Photos must not be stapled, scratched, bent or bear any ink marks.
Thank you very much!