Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Application off to London CHC on Tuesday...

Application off to London CHC on Tuesday...

Old Jul 31st 2010, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Application off to London CHC on Tuesday...

Hey guys,

So... I'm going to take my full pack up to London on Tuesday morning and hand deliver it to CHC. Any final things to check before I do so?

Thanks all!
Old Jul 31st 2010, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Application off to London CHC on Tuesday...

Make sure your file number is on every single thing! I printed off a load of stickers and did the lot. So much info, easy for something to fall out.

Good luck
Old Jul 31st 2010, 10:56 pm
PR living in Vancouver

jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough

Good luck

If I remember correctly you are applying under NOC code 0213, the same as us, I shall be hoping that we shall both get in without problems as its now one of the jobs missing from the new list.

I still have a few things to gather up, waiting for new passports to arrive as old ones have just run out, then we should be submitting everything the end of August, we too shall be hand delivering.

I shall be watching your timeline closly in anticipation - please keep us updated.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
Make sure your file number is on every single thing! I printed off a load of stickers and did the lot. So much info, easy for something to fall out.

Good luck
Thanks for the tip - it's a good one! I've just gone through all of the documents etc and put my file number on them in pencil.

Thanks
Old Jul 31st 2010, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jobop
Good luck

If I remember correctly you are applying under NOC code 0213, the same as us, I shall be hoping that we shall both get in without problems as its now one of the jobs missing from the new list.

I still have a few things to gather up, waiting for new passports to arrive as old ones have just run out, then we should be submitting everything the end of August, we too shall be hand delivering.

I shall be watching your timeline closly in anticipation - please keep us updated.
Will do - good luck to you too! I'll keep you posted
Old Aug 1st 2010, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

DoubleD will become famous soon enoughDoubleD will become famous soon enough

Hi,
Im new to the forum. I am dropping my application into CHC tomorrow morning. Its all sealed up in a big brown envelope ready to go but I keep thinking maybe I should open it and check it all one last time. I have already opened it once to write the reference number on everything (thanks for that tip)
Fingers crossed to everyone that all goes through alright
Old Aug 1st 2010, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jobop
I went to an Emigrate Show many moons ago when we were first staring out (we are old queue) and was told by an immigration officer that you are 'locked in' to the requirements in place when you first apply and not subject to any subsequent changes. Not sure if that still goes, so much has changed since then. Hope all goes well for you.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
I went to an Emigrate Show many moons ago when we were first staring out (we are old queue) and was told by an immigration officer that you are 'locked in' to the requirements in place when you first apply and not subject to any subsequent changes. Not sure if that still goes, so much has changed since then. Hope all goes well for you.
That's my understanding as well. I'm 0213 as well and currently waiting med requests.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

DoubleD will become famous soon enoughDoubleD will become famous soon enough

Handed in my full application to CHC this morning. I thought there was going to be a queue but there was no-one waiting.
Hopefully the whole application will go through as promptly!!
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

princess caribou is on a distinguished road

Put your file number on the actual envelope too - I dropped mine off by hand too and the security guard there told me to make sure the file no was on the front so that it went to the right dept. Also - make sure you ask for someone to come down and collect it personally from you.

It's a relief to get it all handed in - and luckily there are plenty of places around the high comm to get a nice big cake as a reward for all your hard work!