Application just gone to London!

Old Jun 24th 2010, 7:54 pm
Cochrane AB

sandsfamily is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Application just gone to London!

Hi all...seems like things are moving albeit slowly, think this is a fab thread though as we all seem to be on similar timelines. Don't know about anyone else but with all these emergency budgets and government policies I would be quiet happy to jump on a plane to beautiful Canada?
Old Jun 24th 2010, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

julietaba is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sandsfamily
Hi all...seems like things are moving albeit slowly, think this is a fab thread though as we all seem to be on similar timelines. Don't know about anyone else but with all these emergency budgets and government policies I would be quiet happy to jump on a plane to beautiful Canada?
I agree! The sooner the better, my husband applied for a job this morning - its a long shot as I think you have a much better chance once you become a resident. I'm sure things aren't all rosy in Canada but it can't be much worse than its going to be here over the next few years!

It's good to keep in touch with others in the same situation, makes the wait more bearable!

We emailed CIC London last week to ask if they had received our application, don't know if thats what pushed the AOR???

Julie
Old Jun 24th 2010, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

We're going through a consultant but I might just email him and ask him to do the same. Would be great to get an AOR, as every new date in our signature is one step closer
Where are you all headed?
We're going on a 4-week reccie to the GTA in August (our second) and while we're away we're having our house renovated to improve the chances of selling.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Toronto, we think! It depends where a job comes up. Hopefully visiting by the end of the year. Good luck with the email! Keep us updated.

Julie
Old Jun 24th 2010, 8:53 pm
Cochrane AB

Alberta...love Canmore but pricey, have friends there and have house sat for them several times to get a feel of the area and canadian living. I felt it was a bit half lived in as a lot of houses were just for weekenders so looking at Okotoks and surrounding areas. We have also been to Toronto twice, really loved Oakville and Burlington, haven't found a place I haven't liked.Loved Victoria in BC...as close to friends in seattle! Who know where we will end up!
Old Jun 28th 2010, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Jadantrak is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

we are so excited finally got everything together after family discussions pros and cons of moving to Canada, I know we are making good choice .......and so it starts

our application has just gone too , although arrived luckily prior to 26th June when all changes came in.

Im not sure of all the acronyms being used here , im assuming my next thing will be the 120 email ?
Old Sep 8th 2010, 4:06 pm
Cochrane AB

Hi all just checked ecas and we are now showing as in process!!! Yippee
Old Sep 8th 2010, 4:11 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Excellent news! All the best for a quick Meds request.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

great news - keep us updated
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

That's great!!!

We received our AOR while we were on our 2nd reccie. We have come back more determined than ever to move. We have narrowed down the area we want to move to and have already made friends in that town.

Keep us updated