Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Application Form - how to complete for separated couples

Application Form - how to complete for separated couples

Old Jun 19th 2010, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

kazbex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application Form - how to complete for separated couples

Hi,

I'm a Newbie to the forum and am just at the start of the application process. I'm completing the Federal skilled worker class application for myself and my daughter who is 13. I'm separated and have been for the last 12 years. My ex husband is living with another woman in common law (and has been for the last several years). However, technically as we've never bothered obtaining the formal divorce (neither of us having any desire to ever marry again), he is still my spouse. I'm happy to go ahead and get the divorce formalised if that will help simplify matters and will put this as covering information in the application but I'm wondering what forms I submit in the meantime.

I was planning to complete form IMM0008 - Generic as the principle applicant and include my daughter's details on the second page. I wasn't planning on including my ex husbands details on this page or any other family members.

I was planning to complete only 1 form IMM0008 - Schedule 1 (i.e. I wasn't planning on including a background form for my ex husband) but don't know if this is correct.

I'm fine with what I'm doing for IMM0008 - Economic Class.

I was planning to complete only 1 form IMM5406 - Additional Family Information with my details and include my spouse details and family details. Do I need to get him to complete a copy of this form or can I just say we will formalise divorce and he doesn't have to complete?

I think I'm fine with everything else - I'm presuming fee wise, I will pay for 1 principal applicant and 1 dependent under 22 (no mention of him).

Does this sound right? Hoping someone has gone through this before with similar circumstances and can help me submit the right forms.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 10:20 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Application Form - how to complete for separated couples

Originally Posted by kazbex
Hi,

I'm a Newbie to the forum and am just at the start of the application process. I'm completing the Federal skilled worker class application for myself and my daughter who is 13. I'm separated and have been for the last 12 years. My ex husband is living with another woman in common law (and has been for the last several years). However, technically as we've never bothered obtaining the formal divorce (neither of us having any desire to ever marry again), he is still my spouse. I'm happy to go ahead and get the divorce formalised if that will help simplify matters and will put this as covering information in the application but I'm wondering what forms I submit in the meantime.

I was planning to complete form IMM0008 - Generic as the principle applicant and include my daughter's details on the second page. I wasn't planning on including my ex husbands details on this page or any other family members.

I was planning to complete only 1 form IMM0008 - Schedule 1 (i.e. I wasn't planning on including a background form for my ex husband) but don't know if this is correct.

I'm fine with what I'm doing for IMM0008 - Economic Class.

I was planning to complete only 1 form IMM5406 - Additional Family Information with my details and include my spouse details and family details. Do I need to get him to complete a copy of this form or can I just say we will formalise divorce and he doesn't have to complete?

I think I'm fine with everything else - I'm presuming fee wise, I will pay for 1 principal applicant and 1 dependent under 22 (no mention of him).

Does this sound right? Hoping someone has gone through this before with similar circumstances and can help me submit the right forms.
Do you have permission from the father or a court order to remove the child from the UK ( if this is where you live)?
Old Jun 20th 2010, 7:39 am
Just Joined

kazbex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Application Form - how to complete for separated couples

Her father and I are amicably separated, he will complete any necessary forms to agree to her leaving. I haven't come across those forms yet, I'm presuming that will be the next stage.