Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Application appears to have disappeared from the system - help plz

Application appears to have disappeared from the system - help plz

Old Dec 16th 2011, 7:07 pm
Snow boots are ready....

nrh1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application appears to have disappeared from the system - help plz

Hi folks.
I am new to these forums but given the vast number of posts i hope somebody can help/put my mind at rest.

In Jan/February 2011 my partner and i applied under the CIC skilled worker programme for the 5 year working visa. I am an architect and am desperate to get over to Canada. We spent ages putting together the documents, then on 24th March we got an email back from FSW Centralized Intake Office saying

"Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of:
Work experience in an occupation specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on July 2010

Your application will be forwarded to the visa office in London for further processing.:

good news i thought, however since then whenever i try to access the CIC site to check the progress of the application it cannot find the UCI number.

I am really concerned it has not got back to London and despite reluctantly sending them an email earlier in the year, i got nothing back as it is still within the 13 month period.

Can anybody help?
Old Dec 16th 2011, 8:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Application appears to have disappeared from the system - help plz

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Originally Posted by nrh1981
In Jan/February 2011 my partner and i applied under the CIC skilled worker programme for the 5 year working visa.
Just to clarify for the sake of anybody reading, you haven't applied for a working visa, you've applied for Permanent Residency. Once you've got it, there is no requirement to work at all!

good news i thought, however since then whenever i try to access the CIC site to check the progress of the application it cannot find the UCI number.
You say in your thread title that it's 'disappeared', but has it ever been on there?

You also mention the UCI number, but is that definitely the right choice when the drop down menu under 'Identification Type' appears? I only ask because it's usually 'Immigration File Number', which is the ID beginning with B followed by several numbers (9 digits iirc). And are you choosing England, Scotland,, Northern Ireland or Wales (whichever is applicable) rather than 'UK colonies' for the 'Place of Birth'? That one is often why people can't find their case on Ecas.

Even if you do get your Ecas status up (some don't manage it at all so don't worry if you can't), I really wouldn't rely on it as it's notoriously unreliable.

If you have a hunt around you'll find threads with timelines on which will give you an idea of when you can expect to hear, I think if you've received your PER in March you should hear early next year going on recent timelines, but the threads will give you a better idea.

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 16th 2011 at 8:19 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 9:57 pm
Snow boots are ready....

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Just to clarify for the sake of anybody reading, you haven't applied for a working visa, you've applied for Permanent Residency. Once you've got it, there is no requirement to work at all!

You say in your thread title that it's 'disappeared', but has it ever been on there?

You also mention the UCI number, but is that definitely the right choice when the drop down menu under 'Identification Type' appears? I only ask because it's usually 'Immigration File Number', which is the ID beginning with B followed by several numbers (9 digits iirc). And are you choosing England, Scotland,, Northern Ireland or Wales (whichever is applicable) rather than 'UK colonies' for the 'Place of Birth'? That one is often why people can't find their case on Ecas.

Even if you do get your Ecas status up (some don't manage it at all so don't worry if you can't), I really wouldn't rely on it as it's notoriously unreliable.

If you have a hunt around you'll find threads with timelines on which will give you an idea of when you can expect to hear, I think if you've received your PER in March you should hear early next year going on recent timelines, but the threads will give you a better idea.

Good luck.
Christmasoompa (love the name btw ) thankyou so much for the advice, i have found the ECAS case on the web for the first time since we got that email back in February and they say on it (whether this is reliable or not) that they reviewed it and started processing it on the 24th November 2011. so only a few weeks ago..

Is the next step usually a check on the references or is it the medicals?
And yes you are correct about the 'residency' vs 'work' permits, sorry for any confusion.

The UCI number was correct as I had put it in, (dont have a 'B' 'Immigration File Number') but i wrongly put in my birthplace as UK & Colonies instead of Scotland, doh..

Thanks so much for all the help, should have come here long before now.
Neil
Old Dec 16th 2011, 10:36 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that they will be using the UCI everywhere from now on as everyone is using the Global Case Management System now.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 10:45 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Christmasoompa (love the name btw ) thankyou so much for the advice, i have found the ECAS case on the web for the first time since we got that email back in February and they say on it (whether this is reliable or not) that they reviewed it and started processing it on the 24th November 2011. so only a few weeks ago..

Is the next step usually a check on the references or is it the medicals?
And yes you are correct about the 'residency' vs 'work' permits, sorry for any confusion.

The UCI number was correct as I had put it in, (dont have a 'B' 'Immigration File Number') but i wrongly put in my birthplace as UK & Colonies instead of Scotland, doh..

Thanks so much for all the help, should have come here long before now.
Neil
Glad you've found yourself on the system. We made the same mistake of not choosing "England" for ages. Seems such a long time ago now!
Old Dec 17th 2011, 12:31 pm
Snow boots are ready....

Cheers for all the replies folks. I've looked at the timescales on the spreadsheet and others who submitted at the same time as us seem to have heard back around now, so I can only hope to hear from them soon. Does anybody know if the 13 month determination is anyway accurate? Or is it blind luck?

Thanks guys, love this forum, lots of experience and folk who have actually gone through it!

Neil