Application advice please !!!!!

Old Sep 5th 2005, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

stuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nice
Default Application advice please !!!!!

Hi there,

For some reason, i thought the application process was more expensive than it actually is (still pricey though ), so ive decided to put in an application for the wife and i - big step :scared: , but im sick of talking about it, so here goes nothing !

As always, a few questions first:

1. We both pass the threshold by 4 points - is this is a safe score on which to apply, or should we be looking to bump it up a bit?

2. What is the general timeline for the different stages of the application process. Specifically, when is the next stage for shelling out cash (medicals?) and how much is that likely to be? Im trying to budget correctly for the whole process.

3. When do we need to get our qualifications assessed ?

4.If we were accepted by Canada, what is the cut off point for actually taking up residency.

Any help would be great guys - thanks!

Stu and Kerry
Old Sep 5th 2005, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Application advice please !!!!!

Originally Posted by stuartm
Hi there,

For some reason, i thought the application process was more expensive than it actually is (still pricey though ), so ive decided to put in an application for the wife and i - big step :scared: , but im sick of talking about it, so here goes nothing !

As always, a few questions first:

1. We both pass the threshold by 4 points - is this is a safe score on which to apply, or should we be looking to bump it up a bit?

2. What is the general timeline for the different stages of the application process. Specifically, when is the next stage for shelling out cash (medicals?) and how much is that likely to be? Im trying to budget correctly for the whole process.

3. When do we need to get our qualifications assessed ?

4.If we were accepted by Canada, what is the cut off point for actually taking up residency.

Any help would be great guys - thanks!

Stu and Kerry
Stu and Kerry

As I understand it the

1. Depends on whether our bing optimistic or or not with your allocation of points, but it can't help to bump your score, there are rumors on this and other boards that the points required may go up after an election, which may be called after a some report or other has been published later this year, if the points do go it is any ones guess as to where they go to, I would imagine that they won't go down

2. AOR(Acknowledgement of Receipt) 4 - 8 weeks
IA currently people are being told on their AOR card 36 months this is for London
If you application is water tight with no questions or anomalies you should go to medicals, by this point you probably should of paid the ROLF as you don't what to delay the whole process if they have to ask for it, I personally paid it up front with the application fee. If there are questions, you will if not rejected outright, be called to interview, this would appear to take anything from a couple of months to over a year to get, if you then pass the interview you go to medicals. After medicals you will then have to wait till all the security checks are completed. I understand the Security checks are kicked off before meds are requested, and CIC try and plan the meds for the completion of the checks, this does not always work out. Once you have successfully passed the security checks you will finally your will get your PPR (Passport request) and it is looking like it takes about 4 weeks for the passport to be returned with the visa stuck inside.

3. Not sure, sure some one else will answer this

4. You have 1 year from the date of your medicals to land.

Dozzzzy
Old Sep 5th 2005, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

I'm convinced the points will only go up if they change at all. People applying under the Federal Skilled Worker category are being told they will have to wait three years before they get meds/pcc requested, or so I have read. After you get this approved you have 12 months to land in Canada, and will need about $12,000CAD settlement funds.

Check out the CIC website for full details & all the best.

T.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

I'm convinced the points will only go up if they change at all.
The only way I'd see them going down is if the government suddenly decided they wanted a million new immigrants a year .
Old Sep 5th 2005, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
The only way I'd see them going down is if the government suddenly decided they wanted a million new immigrants a year .
Because the points dropped to 67 is why the waiting list is now so long. Only the most commited will stick it out, as we have said before. Any decrease in the points and not only could Canada expect a million immigrants a year, but people around the world could settle down to 10 year waiting lists.