Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Appeal letter - please read and share your thoughts

Appeal letter - please read and share your thoughts

Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Appeal letter - please read and share your thoughts

Originally Posted by lace
Sunny,

If you are appealing on your own with no professional help you are taking a HUGE risk, whatever result you get its going to change the rest of your life, and if the result is not what you wanted your going to regret not having paid a little more extra.

If I was in your shoes I would certainly do everything I could to get the funds together to get the result I wanted.

Then if the appeal fails you know you done everything you could. But with professional help I personally think you could win this appeal.
I agree, you have come this far and spent so much, Andrew Miller is a prof you should take on board his advice, look at the big picture,

good luck whatever you decide fingers crossed for you

cheers sue
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:28 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

If it means so much to you which it clearly does, spend the money and use Andrew or another professional. trying to save a few quid after the £100s you have spent so far is being very short sighted.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

mjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond repute

It's strange that they didn't include points for your uncle. I'm sure I needed to use points for a relative in Canada and he is not even my uncle really. He is my grandmothers brother so I think he would be my great uncle, not sure. He also lives near Vancouver when we were going to Toronto so would not exactly have been of much use in settling here. I'm sure they allocated the points though.

I had a copy of his Canadian passport and then my grandmothers, my great uncles, my dads and my full birth certificates so you could see that we were related.

I was very surprised they gave us enough points, it was my main concern that we didn't have enough.

Anyway good luck with whatever you decide to do