Apologies for the daft questions

Old Aug 6th 2020, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

ThisisRobbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Apologies for the daft questions

Hey all.
Can I ask a couple of daft questions?
We applied for PR through the self-employed route at the beginning of the year. Our paperwork was received in Sydney in January, and shortly after we did the biometrics thing. As far as I know, there's now very little we can do and we just have to sit and wait to hear more (current estimate is showing as December '21).

Could we get all the way to next August and find out our application has been refused - or does the chance of refusal reduce the longer the process goes on? Also, has anyone had their application approved ahead of the estimated completion date?

With everything going in the world right now, like a lot of people, we're trying to find some light at the end of the tunnel...
Old Aug 7th 2020, 12:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apologies for the daft questions

Yes, you could be refused towards the end of the process, that’s more likely as before that you’re really just sitting in the queue waiting for your app to be looked at.

And yes, it could get processed sooner, although given all visa processing was suspended for months and there’s a huge backlog, I’m afraid I think the opposite is more likely.

Hope it goes smoothly for you.
Old Aug 7th 2020, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

ThisisRobbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Apologies for the daft questions

Thanks for the response. It dawned on me after reading your reply that I had never given much thought to the process. I was assuming that once they picked up our app 'we were in play' so to speak and that it was a slow and continuous review process - hence the progress shown as a percentage on the dashboard. But I guess it got an initial once over, hence the request for the biometrics, and now it's sat in a pile waiting for it's turn.

I guess we'll just have to try and forget about it and keep everything crossed for the coming year or more ☺️