Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Apllied to buffalo via PNP: how long to wait to medicals?

Apllied to buffalo via PNP: how long to wait to medicals?

Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

sioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant future
Default Re: Apllied to buffalo via PNP: how long to wait to medicals?

Originally Posted by ushiwakamaru
Hey guys,

Hope everyone is doing well. Congrats to Tanah. I'm really happy for you.

I emailed Buffalo as Tanah suggested. It's been 3 weeks now and still no response. I think they intentionally ignored my email because I didn't use the case specific form.

I went and checked the last letter they sent me in Februrary of this year (the one that says that no documents are required at this point and that there's no need for an interview) and it said that if I haven't paid the RPRF, I should do so now. I haven't done that because it's not a requirement yet so my question to you guys is: should I? Would it make a difference if I pay now before they finalize my case?

Also, since my file has now been in Buffalo for about 8 months and hasn't been transferred to Seattle yet, is it possible that they will no transfer my file to Seattle ever? I'm asking because someone in a different forum mentioned that not all files are transferred to Seattle and that some are finalized in Buffalo but I never heard anyone say that before or since.

Any input would be greatly appreciated guys. I'm on the verge of losing it so talking to you helps.

Thank
you know, if they have asked you to pay the RPRF,and you decided not to...it could be that they are still waiting for you to make that payment. They hardly ever ask people for something twice.that could actually be the hold up.
I have heard a few cases being processed from start to finish in buffalo. yours could be one of them.
None of the letters I got ever said that I do not need and interveiw and that I should pay the RPRF. If they say pay the fees, I would have paid the fees
Old Aug 13th 2009, 4:56 am
Just Joined

ushiwakamaru is an unknown quantity at this point

Sioux, what you said makes perfect sense except for one thing: they specifically said "if you haven't paid the RPRF yet, you SHOULD do so now." That's why I didn't think much of it at the time. If they really wanted payment, then why didn't they specifically ask for it. BUT, when you take everything you said into consideration coupled with the following:
-I was asked to submit medical results with my file still in Buffalo which I did
-I received the letter saying they need no further docs AND no interview is necessary
-I haven't received anymore communication from Buffalo and my file was never sent to Seattle (sending my file to Seattle seems pointless considering that all required documents and steps were completed already)
It becomes clear that the next course of action is to pay the RPRF right away.

I don't know why I neglected that part of the letter! Right now, I feel like hugging you (Sioux) AND punching myself really hard.

Quick question, since I'm applying with my wife, do I pay $490 total, or $490 per person ($490x2)?

Thanks again for your help.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

sioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant future

$490 per person.i.e $490 x2
good luck!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 8:40 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

got my medical request today, one step closer
Old Aug 13th 2009, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sioux
$490 per person.i.e $490 x2
good luck!
Thanks Sioux. I really appreciate your input. Let's just hope that paying the RPRF 5 months after they suggested it isn't too late.

I'll keep you updated if anything happens.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 10:19 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ushiwakamaru
Thanks Sioux. I really appreciate your input. Let's just hope that paying the RPRF 5 months after they suggested it isn't too late.

I'll keep you updated if anything happens.
Did they ask for your passports too???

I got a letter asking for passports, RPFR fee and a letter from my employer confirming employment..
IT was a whole bunch off paperwork more than just one sheet - and the items they wanted were ticked off on a list of multiple items they could ask for.

i thought they only asked for the RPFR when they asked for passports??
Old Aug 14th 2009, 12:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tanah

I got a letter asking for passports, RPFR fee and a letter from my employer confirming employment..
IT was a whole bunch off paperwork more than just one sheet - and the items they wanted were ticked off on a list of multiple items they could ask for.

No, they didn't ask for my passport but again, it looks like the process for my application isn't exactly typical; I had the medical request from Buffalo like a month after they acknowledged receipt of my application. Also, I checked the last letter they sent me in February and it looks like it's called "interview waiver". It didn't say I HAVE to pay the RPRF but that I SHOULD if I haven't done so already. This is why I'm confused; it doesn't look like my application is going through the typical process. Let's just hope that the end result is the same and that paying the RPRF was the right thing to do.

If this ends up being something completely different from what you guys experienced, then I'll document the entire process on here if it helps future applicants whose application process deviates from the norm.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 12:11 am
Just Joined

BTW, the interview waiver had a list of things they needed checked off, but this is the odd thing:
-For medical docs, it was crossed off, which means they'd already received the results I'd sent.
-The only thing checked off was "no more documents are required at this point".

At the bottom of page was the part that suggested that I pay the RPRF.

I have a feeling you haven't gotten anything like this, Tanah, have you? In which case, the channels through which our applications were processed are indeed different.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 3:17 pm
hmm the waiting game....

Spectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant future

ushiwakamaru

Did you go through PNP route?
Old Aug 14th 2009, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Spectrum
ushiwakamaru

Did you go through PNP route?
BC PNP, yes. That's why I'm confused: nothing in my process seems in line with the standard. Strange. It's too early to jump to conclusions but I promise to detail my entire application process for you guys once it's finalized.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 9:21 pm
hmm the waiting game....

Spectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant future

so are you in canada at this monent working for the employer that sponsered you?
Old Aug 14th 2009, 9:42 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

How strange

I cant even get my paperwork out and have a look as It requests you send the letter back withthe deocs they have asked for - so i dont have it to look at.
It would be interesting to see the wording on mine

Just wondering like Spectrum is if your IN Canada and working for the sponsor - or are you abroad ( may i ask which country your coming from)
I am presuming since your application went to Buffalo that you are already in canada like myself.

I have no idea why its so different - but then Goverment stuff is a law unto itself as we have all relised in this process - depends on who pics up the file on a day to day basis

anyone else heard yet?? Sioux???
Old Aug 14th 2009, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

no news on my end- only more confusion..in response to my e-mail regarding my new passport details (I accidently wrote to buffalo instead of seattle), buffalo wrote back saying your file was transferred to michigan?? so I wrote to seattle asking them to confirm that they do or do not have my file- response....what is your date of birth...I wrote back with my date of birth...now NOTHING?!
going to renew my work permit next week at peace arch
Old Aug 14th 2009, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

what about you spectrum..and gleech? any news?
Old Aug 14th 2009, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

How strange

I cant even get my paperwork out and have a look as It requests you send the letter back withthe deocs they have asked for - so i dont have it to look at.
It would be interesting to see the wording on mine

Just wondering like Spectrum is if your IN Canada and working for the sponsor - or are you abroad ( may i ask which country your coming from)
I am presuming since your application went to Buffalo that you are already in canada like myself.

I have no idea why its so different - but then Goverment stuff is a law unto itself as we have all relised in this process - depends on who pics up the file on a day to day basis

anyone else heard yet?? Sioux???
I live and work in Vancouver, BC. My employer/sponsor is a large publicly traded corporation. I have been living in Vancouver for 5 years now so I sent my application from here, just like many of you on this board. That's why I agree with whoever said that maybe the channel through which each application is processed depends on who picks up which application. I didn't realize things could be so...random.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.