Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Apllied to buffalo via PNP: how long to wait to medicals?

Apllied to buffalo via PNP: how long to wait to medicals?

Old Jul 21st 2009, 3:26 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Apllied to buffalo via PNP: how long to wait to medicals?

Hi Sioux

Its with great excitement that i noticed that the guy who started this thread got his passport request today - err maybe the 15th actually..

I was looking at his timeline and his medicals were sent on 1st June so seems to be 6 weeks after they receive medicals which coincides with other posts i have read - see previous post. So hopefully not much longer Im just hoping that stupid doctor sent the forms off on time and I dont have to provide more info.

If my calculations are right - yours should be through in about 2 weeks??

Originally Posted by sioux
any news guys?? I am getting really fed up now. I am going to renew my work permit the first week of September, it expires on the 8th of september. I am still hoping to have passport requests this month, and visas by september, but that's wishful thinking I guess
Old Jul 21st 2009, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

sioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Tanah

Did you send your police checks in with your original app??
No i didn't send police checks because our PNP advisor said that if you haven't gone back to any of the countries you once lived in, since you got the work permit then you dont need them. I hope he was right. Di you send police checks?
Old Jul 21st 2009, 5:27 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Yes because i presumed that when the last one was done it was 2 months before we left the country.. and also hubby didnt need to have one for open permit, just myself as im working in health. So thought i would be cautious and getthem done anyway. They would definately have wanted one for hubby so thought what the hell and got mine redone..
did your other half need one when you came over too?

Originally Posted by sioux
No i didn't send police checks because our PNP advisor said that if you haven't gone back to any of the countries you once lived in, since you got the work permit then you dont need them. I hope he was right. Di you send police checks?
Old Jul 21st 2009, 5:48 am
hmm the waiting game....

Spectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant future

sorry guys.... i havent done any updates... actually i have nothing to update. i am on same boat as you all are. Did my medical in June 5th and as far as i know it sent to ottawa at the beginning of this month. my doc's was very slow.

my file was transferred i dont know when... but i will be extending my wrok permit soon..
Old Jul 21st 2009, 6:14 am
is Happy

you two must be right behind the other guy... his medicals were "sent" to Ottawa on 1st June and he got his passport req yesterday..... which means that if it takes 2 weeks for Ottawa to get the results after the medical was done Spectrum adn Sioux - your req should be in about 2-3 weeks max

Originally Posted by Spectrum
sorry guys.... i havent done any updates... actually i have nothing to update. i am on same boat as you all are. Did my medical in June 5th and as far as i know it sent to ottawa at the beginning of this month. my doc's was very slow.

my file was transferred i dont know when... but i will be extending my wrok permit soon..
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 6:18 am
Just Joined

ushiwakamaru is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Guys,

I just stumbled upon this website and it looks like you guys are on the same boat as me in terms of applications yet our experiences seem quite different:

- I was nominated by BC- PNP sometime around October. My wife and I were very good at collecting all necessary documents including police clearances for all countries we've lived in (3) before we were even nominated. This allowed us to send the PR application shortly after our nomination. So my PR application was sent our November 2008. In January 2009, we received the request for medical exams which we completed right away. In early February, we received a letter from Buffalo saying that everything was received and that no more documents are needed, and that we will be contacted if anything else is needed. It went absolutely quiet after that! As far as I know, my file was never sent to Seattle; it's still in Buffalo. August is upon us, and still nothing! I'm really starting to worry! Is this normal? Should I worry? Am I allowed to request an update on my file since e-cas doesn't say much except show my address and that my application is "in process".

So far, nothing in my application process felt like this was a 'speedier process' as a BC nominee. It just doesn't meet the definition of "expedient".

My employer is curious about what's happening with my application and I don't really know what to say. What happens if I lose my job in this terrible economy?? This whole ordeal of an application process started about a year ago, and there's just no end in sight.

before anybody suggests this, our immigration doctor told us that our medical results were perfect, so that can't be it.

I'm in the dark and any input would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps reading about my experience will be cathartic for you guys, since you'll probably realize that things aren't as bad for you as you might think.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 6:57 am
is Happy

Originally Posted by ushiwakamaru
Hey Guys,

I just stumbled upon this website and it looks like you guys are on the same boat as me in terms of applications yet our experiences seem quite different:

- I was nominated by BC- PNP sometime around October. My wife and I were very good at collecting all necessary documents including police clearances for all countries we've lived in (3) before we were even nominated. This allowed us to send the PR application shortly after our nomination. So my PR application was sent our November 2008. In January 2009, we received the request for medical exams which we completed right away. In early February, we received a letter from Buffalo saying that everything was received and that no more documents are needed, and that we will be contacted if anything else is needed. It went absolutely quiet after that! As far as I know, my file was never sent to Seattle; it's still in Buffalo. August is upon us, and still nothing! I'm really starting to worry! Is this normal? Should I worry? Am I allowed to request an update on my file since e-cas doesn't say much except show my address and that my application is "in process".

So far, nothing in my application process felt like this was a 'speedier process' as a BC nominee. It just doesn't meet the definition of "expedient".

My employer is curious about what's happening with my application and I don't really know what to say. What happens if I lose my job in this terrible economy?? This whole ordeal of an application process started about a year ago, and there's just no end in sight.

before anybody suggests this, our immigration doctor told us that our medical results were perfect, so that can't be it.

I'm in the dark and any input would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps reading about my experience will be cathartic for you guys, since you'll probably realize that things aren't as bad for you as you might think.
HI

Welcome to the forum and also to our thread. Its been quite a comfort follwoing everyone in thethread to see where they are up to.

It seems a bit odd that you havent heard anything yet and yes i would definately follow that up. The guy who started the thread did his medical in may - received by CIC 1st June and got his passport request on the 18th July... so if your medicals we all good i would wanna see what the delay is.

On ecas click on the " in process" and it takes you to another screen there is usually a bit of an update there... mine says file processed 2nd June, forwarded to SEattle 8th july they may contact you....
so see if it says anything different. Buffalo are quite good at replying to emails I had to email them a few times re my medical so just drop them a line and they should get back to you within 48 hours.

hope this helps
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 7:01 am
Just Joined

ushiwakamaru is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll definitely give that a try. Thanks. I always click on the "in process" field and it still says "we started processing your application in January 2009". Nothing else.

Dunno what's going on so hopefully the email to Buffalo will give me some closure. I don't really care about the result anymore as I'm quite fed up with the whole thing. I just want closure. Being blind-sided is the worst.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 7:08 am
is Happy

Originally Posted by ushiwakamaru
I'll definitely give that a try. Thanks. I always click on the "in process" field and it still says "we started processing your application in January 2009". Nothing else.

Dunno what's going on so hopefully the email to Buffalo will give me some closure. I don't really care about the result anymore as I'm quite fed up with the whole thing. I just want closure. Being blind-sided is the worst.
Yeah I can imagine it is a pain in the rear. Its hard enough waiting when you know eveything is following a plan so I would hate to be in your shoes having waited all this time.
One of the good things about this site are threads like this one where you can see exactly whats happening with everyone elses application. i know Sioux is just infront of me so I watch her timeline and that gives me a good idea of what to expect. So far its been pretty spot on... so i know if things go too far out of that I need to enquire.
Please keep us informed and let us know what heppens with the email reposnse - you may find there are others in the sameboat who will appreciate the input
thanks
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

gleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura about

hey guys, i did my medical today..and the clinic that i went to said that it will take 2weeks before they can send the result to ottawa..and our medicals (me, my wife and daughter), will be coming from 3 different clinics..i hope that will not confuse ottawa from getting the result from 3 different clinics....and there's no update yet on my ecas regarding file transfer....
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 12:48 am
is Happy

Gratz Gleech... 2 weeks seems to be quite common , mine and Sioux's both took 2 weeks too. I wouldnt worry about the medicals coming from different places, though you may find that any day now your file is transferred. Mine was transferred on 8th july my meds were done on the 24 june

Originally Posted by gleech
hey guys, i did my medical today..and the clinic that i went to said that it will take 2weeks before they can send the result to ottawa..and our medicals (me, my wife and daughter), will be coming from 3 different clinics..i hope that will not confuse ottawa from getting the result from 3 different clinics....and there's no update yet on my ecas regarding file transfer....
Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

gleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura about

my ecas was updated with new info, my file was transferred to New York Office on July 21st. Is there anyone who's file was transferred to New York. and who's quicker, Seattle or New York?....
Old Jul 28th 2009, 5:16 am
is Happy

Ha Ha see i told you- all is going to plan. I have no idea if NY or Seattle is quicker to be honest... i bet theres not alot of difference.

Wonder if Siooux has heard anything yet?

Originally Posted by gleech
my ecas was updated with new info, my file was transferred to New York Office on July 21st. Is there anyone who's file was transferred to New York. and who's quicker, Seattle or New York?....
Old Jul 30th 2009, 12:32 am
is Happy

OMG OMG i got my PPR today!!!!! I almost died!!!!

i was expecting medical further info and it was our PPR woooooooo hooooooo

ha hahahahahahahha - ok enough insanity

So excited - just need employers letter to confirm my employment and RPRF fee and passports..:

Originally Posted by Tanah
Ha Ha see i told you- all is going to plan. I have no idea if NY or Seattle is quicker to be honest... i bet theres not alot of difference.

Wonder if Siooux has heard anything yet?
Old Jul 30th 2009, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

holy cow, thats a quick one....congratz Tanah....by the way, which office your file was transferred to....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.