Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Apllied to buffalo via PNP: how long to wait to medicals?

Apllied to buffalo via PNP: how long to wait to medicals?

Old Jun 29th 2009, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

gleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Apllied to buffalo via PNP: how long to wait to medicals?

siuox,

you did write to buffalo, right? and they replied to you...how did you send your letter, by fax or email?....I emailed them a week ago about the medical of my wife, she's applying for spousal open work permit right now and the embassy asked her to take medical, and she did the medical last May, 2009, I asked them if they can use that medical for our PR application, but until now, there's still no reply from buffalo....
Old Jun 29th 2009, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

sioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gleech
siuox,
you did write to buffalo, right? and they replied to you...how did you send your letter, by fax or email?....I emailed them a week ago about the medical of my wife, she's applying for spousal open work permit right now and the embassy asked her to take medical, and she did the medical last May, 2009, I asked them if they can use that medical for our PR application, but until now, there's still no reply from buffalo....

Hi Gleech
I emailed Buffalo twice. they were very good at responding very quickly- like the next day, however, I recently-a week ago- wrote to seattle- about my medical and I have not yet replied...
Old Jun 29th 2009, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

gleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura about

I emailed them about a week ago already, I'll try to re-send it and hopefully, they answer it back....and I just checked my e-cas, it shows my correct address already..I'm sure they already read my email because, that email contains my queries and my change of address....
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 5:11 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Hi Gleech

I had my medical for my temp permit less than a year ago. I asked Buffalo if they would accept this as my medical for PR and got a short reply back saying that Medicals for permits cannot be used for PR applications - hopefully your reply will be more positive

Originally Posted by gleech
siuox,

Old Jul 4th 2009, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

thanks Tanah for that information, I re-emailed them back but still they havent replied to me..i guess we have no choice but to take the medical for my wife....
Old Jul 6th 2009, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

sioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant future

any news guys?
I got a call from the school board reminding me that if i dont have my PR or a new work permit by September 8th, my daughter can't start kindergarten
So now I have to renew my work permit, but am keeping my fingers crossed that i get ppr by August...cutting it very very close hey?
aaaarrrgh! when will all this end, I am so tired of this.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 7:39 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

they're being a bit awkward aren't they with the WP, good luck hope you get it very soon
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:03 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sioux
any news guys?
I got a call from the school board reminding me that if i dont have my PR or a new work permit by September 8th, my daughter can't start kindergarten
So now I have to renew my work permit, but am keeping my fingers crossed that i get ppr by August...cutting it very very close hey?
when does your permit run out Sioux? It may be worth hanging on, i mean its got to be back any day now, your meds wered one on 2nd nd it takes 2-3 weeks for them to get the results so they should have them by now. The medical is the final part as far as i know so even if its not back atthe begining of sept it wont be long after surely
Old Jul 10th 2009, 4:18 pm
hmm the waiting game....

Spectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant future

any news guys?
i am in same spot as you are. My permit will run out in september. I am thinking to renew it anyway. I mean what the heck! another $150 with bunch of papers.

AS far as i know mine will be delayed due to police report. Last country i was in doesnt issue police certificate unless offical request letter is sent.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 9:47 pm
is Happy

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything new - checked out E-cas and it says file transferred to seattle on the 8th - not sure why they do this. So fo those whos files were already sent have youheard anything??

Originally Posted by Spectrum
i am in same spot as you are. My permit will run out in september. I am thinking to renew it anyway. I mean what the heck! another $150 with bunch of papers.

AS far as i know mine will be delayed due to police report. Last country i was in doesnt issue police certificate unless offical request letter is sent.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

still no news for me . File was transferred to seattle on the 10th of June!
At least I got a positive LMO so I can renew my work permit. I will wait as long as I can before I fork out money for that.
has anybody heard anything? we had a surge of medicals, progress etc....now it's all gone quiet
Old Jul 16th 2009, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

We received our medical requests on Jul 2nd and did the medicals yesterday (Jul 15). The nurse asked us (on the phone) to bring 2 photos for each adult and 1 photo for each child. She kept two photos of me and the wife, but she said she does not need kids photos. They are 4 and 2 years old.

Did you have to provide photos for your kids? I am just worried if nurse is not sure what she is doing.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 5:29 pm
is Happy

hmmmm I was really hoping you had heard someothing by now as its been over a month. My file was transferred on 8th July so I now know im not gonna hear anything until at least mid August I was really hoping that once the medicals were out of the way things would speed up, especially when it was sent to seattle. I still dont know if my medicals were ok, or how long I can expect to wait before i find out if they need more info. It been 25 days since we had them done and takes 14 for them to get the results back so im really hoping we are in the clear. I know for my TWP the medicals were the last leg of it all and once they received those everything happened quite quickly - doesnt seem to bethe same with this though

To the other poster about the pictures - one is ok for the 2 children as they dont need x-rays. they took 2 from me hubby and eldest son and 1 from my daughter... they put the second pic on the x-ray form so as yours are both under age they wont need the second pic.
They almost didnt do my sons x-ray - I had to tell them it was 11 and over for the x-ray as they said he was too young... they checked and said i was right so did the form.

still no news for me . File was transferred to seattle on the 10th of June!
At least I got a positive LMO so I can renew my work permit. I will wait as long as I can before I fork out money for that.
has anybody heard anything? we had a surge of medicals, progress etc....now it's all gone quiet
Old Jul 21st 2009, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

any news guys?? I am getting really fed up now. I am going to renew my work permit the first week of September, it expires on the 8th of september. I am still hoping to have passport requests this month, and visas by september, but that's wishful thinking I guess
Old Jul 21st 2009, 2:27 am
is Happy

Nope - nothing. I presume that Ottawa have only just received our medicals so im still waiiting for them to send " further info" requests.

i have tried looking things up in relation to wait times but i keep finding different things - some say 6 weeks after medical and others say upto 3 months. I really really hope its the 6 weeks. Im watching you like a hawk Sioux lol coz im always about 2-3 weeks behind you.

Did you send your police checks in with your original app??

any news guys?? I am getting really fed up now. I am going to renew my work permit the first week of September, it expires on the 8th of september. I am still hoping to have passport requests this month, and visas by september, but that's wishful thinking I guess

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.