British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Apllied to buffalo via PNP: how long to wait to medicals? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/apllied-buffalo-via-pnp-how-long-wait-medicals-597925/)

NSNP_CI Mar 16th 2009 5:57 pm

Apllied to buffalo via PNP: how long to wait to medicals?

I am a provicial nominee under community identified stream (NS) and applied to Buffalo for PR on Feb 5, they received on feb 11. But I haven't received AOR yet. How long do I need to wait to hear back from them for medicals? I would appreciate the responses.

snowshoveller Mar 16th 2009 6:40 pm

Re: Apllied to buffalo via PNP: how long to wait to medicals?

my pr papers went to buffalo after manitoba pnp in March 08, a few weeks later I recieved two letters the first telling me case had been transferred to Los Angles, and the 2nd that I needed to arrange meds. had meds in Early may, and had passport request in early sept after our med results got lost somewhere along the line, which probably delayed things a week or so

s

NSNP_CI Mar 16th 2009 8:34 pm

Hi snowshoveller, thanks for giving your timeline.

Spectrum Mar 16th 2009 8:43 pm

i dont know if this will help. I applied under PNP in Feb 09 seceond week and they return my application on 1st week of mar 09 cause i left few blank spaces and re-sent once again within 2 days.

:confused: i am on same boat as you are.

NSNP_CI Mar 16th 2009 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Spectrum (Post 7385938)
i dont know if this will help. I applied under PNP in Feb 09 seceond week and they return my application on 1st week of mar 09 cause i left few blank spaces and re-sent once again within 2 days.

:confused: i am on same boat as you are.

In my case, I found the B+9 digit number (though not official AOR) printed on the back of the draft (copy) I took from the bank. If that is the file number (just my guess), I hope that mine will not be returned (??!!!) (since somewhere I found written that they will not even provide the file number if the document is to be returned for any mistakes...my guessssssssssssfication....

sioux Mar 17th 2009 3:22 pm

See my timeline below.
My application was returned a few weeks later as there was a gap in my husbands addresses. I re-sent it on the 9th of March 2009, via fedex, they got next day. I haven't heard from them yet. I have been looking around, and it seems like the straightforward applications get medical requests after about a month or two, then it's a long wait for passport request..a few months! I could be wrong..
it would be intersting to hear other peoples timelines. With PNP, we were told the whole process takes anywhere from 6 to 10 months... hoping it's 6 for us!

gleech Mar 17th 2009 11:20 pm

did you guys send out proof of funds as indicated in the checklist, I'm about to send my app next week....

thanks

sioux Mar 18th 2009 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by gleech (Post 7391013)
did you guys send out proof of funds as indicated in the checklist, I'm about to send my app next week....

thanks

we put in a bank statement, but from my understanding, if you already have a job and are working, then you dont need to- maybe just put a payslip...

Spectrum Mar 25th 2009 2:51 pm

:) so anything new with your guys? Any mail from the Buffalo?

Tanah Apr 2nd 2009 7:33 am

Hi all

thought id jump in here too as I seem to be in the same boat. Sioux lol if i remember rightly we were on the same thread awaiting our twp's too - so here we are again.
My timeline is below also - PR application sent 18March to buffalo - they have received it ( posted with return card as signed for - so i know they have it)
Now just waiting - need it asap though as I want to change my job to work 2 part time jobs and i dont think i can whilst still on twp

sioux Apr 2nd 2009 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Tanah (Post 7444300)
Hi all

thought id jump in here too as I seem to be in the same boat. Sioux lol if i remember rightly we were on the same thread awaiting our twp's too - so here we are again.
My timeline is below also - PR application sent 18March to buffalo - they have received it ( posted with return card as signed for - so i know they have it)
Now just waiting - need it asap though as I want to change my job to work 2 part time jobs and i dont think i can whilst still on twp

Hi Tanah
Yes I remember you from the twp thread! Here we are again!
I too am dying to change jobs and work part time.
I called my bank at the beginning of this week and they confirmed that the bank draft had been cashed, so...at least they have looked at my application- and it's not being sent back again!
From other peoples timelines, if all is in order, we should hear from them about 4-6weeks from when they receive the application. But everyone is different so I have learnt.
My passport expires in October, so hopefully I will my PR by then.
the waiting begins..again

Spectrum Apr 2nd 2009 4:52 pm

:( hi All

I just checked with my bank and they havent cashed mine yet. i Re-sent on 1st week of march

Tanah May 11th 2009 2:46 am

Just wondering if any of you guys have heard anything yet?? any of you got med requests? ( those whos apps went in March / April) I havent heard a thing but am worried as there was an article in our local newspaper about post box thefts in the area

Spectrum May 11th 2009 6:07 pm

:(nothing so far. But i am keeping my finger crossed for this month though for medical.

NSNP_CI May 11th 2009 11:14 pm

I received medical request first on April 23rd but with huge mistakes on them, returned for correction to Buffalo, received on May 8, and today I did my medicals:thumbsup: in Atlanta GA. My wife and children will do probably in next 2 weeks from abroad (Nepal).