Apendix A ?

Old Sep 25th 2006, 6:33 am
UK Tech

AwiserBud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Apendix A ?

I have applied for a medical which i am due to take in 2 days time, I have not applied for an immigration visa yet, as i intend to marry my canadian partner and apply for a spousal sponsor once we have done so.
I wanted to get the medical out of the way before i leave england (in 2 and a half weeks time) and stay in canada as a tourist until our spousal application has been submitted and processed.
The nurse told me on the phone to bring my passport, 4 passport photo's, and Apendix A,
As we have not applied for the PR yet the only forms i have are the applications for PR which i downloaded from the CIC website.
Can someone shed any light on what Apendix A is, and furthermore what will happen to my medical results, bearing in mind we do not yet have an application for PR in effect.
I thought by getting the medical exams out of the way it would be one less thing to organise when i'm in Canada. is it ok to do it this way round, or should i have waited until my application was submitted before booking a medical?
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Regards.
Steve.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 7:03 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apendix A ?

Originally Posted by AwiserBud
I have applied for a medical which i am due to take in 2 days time, I have not applied for an immigration visa yet, as i intend to marry my canadian partner and apply for a spousal sponsor once we have done so.
I wanted to get the medical out of the way before i leave england (in 2 and a half weeks time) and stay in canada as a tourist until our spousal application has been submitted and processed.
The nurse told me on the phone to bring my passport, 4 passport photo's, and Apendix A,
As we have not applied for the PR yet the only forms i have are the applications for PR which i downloaded from the CIC website.
Can someone shed any light on what Apendix A is, and furthermore what will happen to my medical results, bearing in mind we do not yet have an application for PR in effect.
I thought by getting the medical exams out of the way it would be one less thing to organise when i'm in Canada. is it ok to do it this way round, or should i have waited until my application was submitted before booking a medical?
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Regards.
Steve.

You will find it in the appropriate guide for spousal sponsorship cases on the CIC's website.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 4:14 am
UK Tech

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You will find it in the appropriate guide for spousal sponsorship cases on the CIC's website.
Found it myself, She asked me to bring Apendix A, instead of the correct form "Section A" hence why i couldn't find it.
Thanks for your "standardised" reply though.
Still unclear as to whether its advisable to carry out the medical check before sending off my application for PR,
Old Sep 26th 2006, 4:55 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Sponsored spouses, common-law and conjugal partners must undergo medicals prior to application and submit proper receipt with application package.

But don't do medicals too soon - do it at the last moment after you have completed preparation of application package, just few days prior to submission as medicals are valid for 12 months only.

Found it myself, She asked me to bring Apendix A, instead of the correct form "Section A" hence why i couldn't find it.
Thanks for your "standardised" reply though.
Still unclear as to whether its advisable to carry out the medical check before sending off my application for PR,
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:20 am
UK Tech

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Sponsored spouses, common-law and conjugal partners must undergo medicals prior to application and submit proper receipt with application package.

But don't do medicals too soon - do it at the last moment after you have completed preparation of application package, just few days prior to submission as medicals are valid for 12 months only.
thanks for that info, do you know what happens to the medical results once the clinic has recieved them? would they all be delivered to me?
Regards.
Steve
Old Sep 27th 2006, 1:39 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that info, do you know what happens to the medical results once the clinic has recieved them? would they all be delivered to me?
Regards.
Steve
The results are sent to the immigration medical service office and an assessment then goes to the office that will process your application.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 6:31 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
The results are sent to the immigration medical service office and an assessment then goes to the office that will process your application.

If your intention is to apply within Canada ensure that the DMP sends the Medical to Ottawa, not London.