Wikiposts

AOR today! Is it an omen mhhp?!

Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

TheTonkins is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AOR today! Is it an omen mhhp?!

Originally Posted by coal
Congratulations on sending in your application and getting a super fast response...
I am about to post my application after some months of document gathering..

I just wanted to know if you sent ORIGINAL employment reference letters or photocopies? I am planning to send copies and retain originals incase of further enquiries. Is this what you did? Obviously your application wasn't returned so it must ok.
Any help much appreciated
Coal.
Hello coal,

Regarding the reference letters, for my main reference (i.e. the one which refers to the job I am currently in), I had this one photocopied and then the photocopy notarized by a solicitor.
I reckoned since this was such an important document, I didn't want any doubt as to whether it was genuine or not. Since I applied as a skilled worker and this was important evidence along with my work duties (which I sent in the form of a cv), I simply didn't want any doubts in the officer's mind. I also copied my diploma and had it notarized, for the same reason.

I am the main applicant, but my husband did the same, photocopied and notarized the copies for City & Guilds certificate, and his most recent employer reference.

Ok (before everyone jumps in ).... we did this, but you will find on searching the forum that for the London office it "seems" that you do not have to notarize anything if the copies are very clear.

People have done this and not had their applications returned (yet!). I simply did it because it made me feel more confident, since it does say on the application summary form that certain documents should be notarized. It seems to be down to personal choice for London in this respect...as far as I can see anyway.

The only original documents I sent were the police certificates... they definitely need to be originals, and no older than three months!

Other than that, I'd be sure that any copies are very clear, because you don't want the officer to be fed up trying to read something, and then deciding it's too much bother...

I must admit that whatever you do, - and we checked and checked our application, and were SURE it was complete and correct... you will start to worry about all sorts of details the moment you have posted it!!

Receiving the AOR is a huge relief... until the next stage

Carol
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

coal has a spectacular aura aboutcoal has a spectacular aura aboutcoal has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: AOR today! Is it an omen mhhp?!

Thanks Carol, your reply is re assuring. I have just got copies of my employment letters and got them notarised to be sure. I will retain originals.
Almost ready to send. I have a couple of last minute queries on the forms. I'll search the forum for help.
Many thanks again for you response.
Cheers, Coal