AoR Received

Old Sep 5th 2005, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AoR Received

Originally Posted by mandyg
Does anybody know whether there is any evidence to suggest that using an immigration lawyer gets your application through any quicker? or not?
I've been looking through other peoples details on here and the quickest seems to be 12 months between AOR and Medical request. Then another 12-18 months wait after that! I can't believe it takes so long!! (Ours will be a skilled worker application by the way).
The benefit of using a repuatble Immigration Consultant/lawyer is that the application package should not leave anything open to interpretation. If in doing it yourself your application is not complete, you will have to provide further information, sit an interview or worse case, be rejected. Every case is unique. Why don't you download all the forms, get the required paper work together to see how complex your case is. If it proves difficult then hire somebody, you will not have wasted anytime as the consultant would require you to do all the legwork anyway.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

I did the paperwork myself. Just took a little longer in gathering it and collecting information. The thing is if u get stuck in the process of collecting info or in doubt of certain things then u need an immigration cons. With an IM Consultant , u just have to pick up the phone and consult, making gathering information easier. doing yourself makes gathering info more time consuming and there is a lot of info we usually never will find out for sure.

moreover if your application is rejected for the wrong reasons, then the immigration consultant takes up your case, for which (i think) he wont charge you extra.

But it is your choice. In spite of all that I said I did not hire one.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 8:16 pm
krn
Forum Regular

krn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mandyg
Did you use an immigration lawyer or do it yourself?
we did it ourself too. The laywyers would ask you to gather all the documents anyway.. so i decided that the only thing left was the form to fill in... ofcourse it takes a hell of a lot of time to do it....