Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Old Aug 9th 2010, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Melsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
It appears that there is still a lot of people on the AOR Jan/Feb thread who are still not "in progress". Is there anyone from this thread who are "in progress" or had med req's yet?
Hi all

I too haven't heard anything. I was expecting to have had medicals by now so I am getting quite anxious about it especially when family and friends keep asking us how we are getting along with it all and I have no answers to give! I was wondering what takes so long? Do CIC do all the family background checks before med requests? I have a large family of 7 brothers and sisters and my partner has 2 siblings so I wonder if this is a factor as to the long length of time?

Melsa
Old Aug 9th 2010, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Melsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lady Locket
Not us. We haven't heard anything for months. Now we have sold our house, the packers are turning up on Tuesday, everything is going into storage instead of being shipped, and we are just crossing fingers, toes and eyeballs that something moves along soon.

LL x
Hello lady locket good luck with the house move. At least you will be able to move quickly once you have your visas. Where are you planning on living in Canada? Hopefully we all hear something soon.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Lady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant future

I really don't know why it has slowed down so much - It is really frustrating! Good luck to all of us for a sudden burst of speediness!

Hubby and I have fallen in love with the South Shore of Nova Scotia, particulary around Mahone Bay/ Lunenburg which is only just over an hour from Halifax. We were negotiating on a property, but someone else put in a better offer so our only option now is to put in an unconditional offer (risky without info from a home inspection) or find something else. Feeling a little blue.

However, you are all right - we are lucky we have sold our house and we are ready to go as soon as CIC give us those shiney visas....
Old Aug 9th 2010, 11:01 am
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

However, you are all right - we are lucky we have sold our house and we are ready to go as soon as CIC give us those shiney visas....
Good luck with all the packing and planning. Bet you've got "to do" lists as long as your arms! Hope it all goes well and you soon get those shiny visas...
Old Aug 9th 2010, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't know why it has slowed down so much - It is really frustrating! Good luck to all of us for a sudden burst of speediness!
Might be because all of the Pakistan applications are going through London now...
Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:05 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Might be because all of the Pakistan applications are going through London now...

I think you may have a point there. Also its holiday time as well.......
Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Melsa
Hi all

I too haven't heard anything. I was expecting to have had medicals by now so I am getting quite anxious about it especially when family and friends keep asking us how we are getting along with it all and I have no answers to give! I was wondering what takes so long? Do CIC do all the family background checks before med requests? I have a large family of 7 brothers and sisters and my partner has 2 siblings so I wonder if this is a factor as to the long length of time?

Melsa
I am not sure when they do the back ground checks, it makes sense to do them before meds. We had a request for Canadian finger prints and police check back in May, so I assumed they were doing our back ground checks.

Who knows? its all in the lap of the CIC gods............
Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:12 pm
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

Who knows? its all in the lap of the CIC gods............
Isn't that the truth? Still, no point despairing!
Old Aug 9th 2010, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

[/COLOR]I think you may have a point there. Also its holiday time as well.......
Very true... I'm hoping to be where you guys are in a couple of months time... Actually, that makes no sense - who wants to be in limbo!?

Here's hoping things go smoothly and quickly for all involved
Old Aug 10th 2010, 11:32 am

I woke up in the night thinking about this (how sad is that) I wonder if they have employed more people to deal with the apps from Pakistan, or are they just useing the resource they already have, therefore slowing things down? If thats the case I can see another situation like the people from 06/07 happening all over again.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

I woke up in the night thinking about this (how sad is that) I wonder if they have employed more people to deal with the apps from Pakistan, or are they just useing the resource they already have, therefore slowing things down? If thats the case I can see another situation like the people from 06/07 happening all over again.
Given the economy and the caps they've put in place, I doubt very much that they'll have increased staffing levels. But, that's purely my opinion!
Old Aug 10th 2010, 11:40 am

Given the economy and the caps they've put in place, I doubt very much that they'll have increased staffing levels. But, that's purely my opinion!
Thats exactly what I was thinking, I think thats what woke me up in the middle of the night.

Which part of Canada do you want to move to ?

Last edited by Miss Clinique; Aug 10th 2010 at 11:46 am.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Thats exactly what I was thinking, I think thats what woke me up in the middle of the night.

Which part of Canada do you wanting to move to ?
I'm hoping to get out to Calgary with my fiancee next summer if it all goes to plan. I've got a good friend who lives in Cochrane who's going to help out. I've also got family in Halifax, NS though - a long way away!
Old Aug 17th 2010, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

We have lift off in the linsyPinsy household.....we are now 'in process'

Wee bottle of wine tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yippee, yippee, yippee!!!!!!

Old Aug 17th 2010, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Cherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura about

O Wow Lins! At last! I am so happy for you. You must feel fabulous as I guess it fills you with renewed hope after the long wait. I hope your med request comes soon!
Please keep us posted.

Cherry Jam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.