Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Old Jul 21st 2010, 12:01 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Heard nothing...still 'recieved by visa office' im afraid.

Still off on hols tomorrow to Vancouver so a bit demob happy

good luck to everyone else

lns
Have a great holiday Lns.......hope the med requests are waiting for you when you return home
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
Have a great holiday Lns.......hope the med requests are waiting for you when you return home
Thanx Miss Clinique. I really doubt they will be given we are not even in process yet, but you never know.
In canada just now and its just as beautiful as I rememeber it-weather stunning!
lns
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Cherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura about

Hi everyone

I will join this thread too.

Good to meet others who are also waiting anxiously to see progress soon. We are a family of 5 anxiously waiting for our medical requests.

Hope to have our PR before the end of the year...? What are our chances?

Application to NS: 25/01/2010, Letter from NS: 19/3/2010, Docs to London: 25/3/2010, Letter from London: 30/3/2010, Still waiting to go into process...

Cherry Jam

Last edited by Cherry Jam; Jul 23rd 2010 at 7:36 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cherry Jam
Hi everyone

I will join this thread too.

Good to meet others who are also waiting anxiously to see progress soon. We are a family of 5 anxiously waiting for our medical requests.

Hope to have our PR before the end of the year...? What are our chances?

Application to NS: 25/01/2010, Letter from NS: 19/3/2010, Docs to London: 25/3/2010, Letter from London: 30/3/2010, Still waiting to go into process...

Cherry Jam
Welcome Cherry Jam. fingers crossed for all of us.:fingerscrossed :
As for PR by the end of the year-no idea. its all so random just now, very frustrating. I just wish they would do something revolutionary and impliment first come first served policy. Then everyone would have an idea on when their turn will come.
lns

lins
Old Jul 24th 2010, 6:41 am
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

Lins. You're supposed to being enjoying your holiday - not visiting this forum!!! Glad Vancouver is still lovely, but remember you have to come home. I don't want to read you've been arrested for chaining yourself to Canada Place demanding your medical requests ... now go shopping on Robson and take some lunch to Stanley Park.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Funky Florist
Lins. You're supposed to being enjoying your holiday - not visiting this forum!!! Glad Vancouver is still lovely, but remember you have to come home. I don't want to read you've been arrested for chaining yourself to Canada Place demanding your medical requests ... now go shopping on Robson and take some lunch to Stanley Park.
Haha...I have to admit when we visited last year and stepped onto the plane I had tears streaming down my face. Everyone on the plane must of thought I had left my loved ones at the airport-not going home to them.
Its just such a lovely, positive and cheery place(got an extra scoop of icecream on my cone cos the girl loved my accent!) The school playgrounds look like a playpark which impressed the kids.
Now I'm away to log onto ebay for some handcuffs and chains for the airport...I will not go on that flight...I will not go on that flight...
lns
Old Jul 24th 2010, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Cherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura about

We have never been to Canada and can simply drool at the thought of Lins being in Vancouver at the moment...It seems as if you'll be heading home soon? Hope you find the handcuffs, be sure to discard the key!

Enjoy every last minute of your trip...

If the weather is so wonderful at this time of year, it may just be a good time to land as well...?

We are planning on landing in April 2011, wonder whether if that is a good idea? We reason that the worst of the winter will be over by then and will grant us the opportunity to enjoy a long Spring and Summer in Toronto/Ottawa...

What do you think?
Cherry Jam
Old Jul 24th 2010, 10:43 pm
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

Haha...I have to admit when we visited last year and stepped onto the plane I had tears streaming down my face. Everyone on the plane must of thought I had left my loved ones at the airport-not going home to them.
Its just such a lovely, positive and cheery place(got an extra scoop of icecream on my cone cos the girl loved my accent!) The school playgrounds look like a playpark which impressed the kids.
Now I'm away to log onto ebay for some handcuffs and chains for the airport...I will not go on that flight...I will not go on that flight...
lns
You're right on every count. Have an awesome trip. And not too many tears at the airport!
Old Jul 25th 2010, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Cherry Jam
We have never been to Canada and can simply drool at the thought of Lins being in Vancouver at the moment...It seems as if you'll be heading home soon? Hope you find the handcuffs, be sure to discard the key!

Enjoy every last minute of your trip...

If the weather is so wonderful at this time of year, it may just be a good time to land as well...?

We are planning on landing in April 2011, wonder whether if that is a good idea? We reason that the worst of the winter will be over by then and will grant us the opportunity to enjoy a long Spring and Summer in Toronto/Ottawa...

What do you think?
Cherry Jam

If and when we get PR we would hope to land just as the wetaher starts to get better...April/May. I think the thought of landing in October would be really hard cos the winters are really wet (bit like the west of Scotland!)
Had such a great day today-met up a fellow BE gal and their family and had a fabby day on the beach. Only on day 3....18 days glorious days to go.
I laughed when you mentioned that you were drooling over me being in Vancouver...Im drooling too but I think its just the jetlag-its killing me.
lins
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anyone moved on any?
Checked ecas again today....no change. Still not in process!
I was however heartened by the fact that the clock has already starting ticking so to speak according to Visa office, because the processing times start from when they get your docs...so for me its only been 5 months up to now. I thought the clock started when you went into process.
Was going to send a case specific email but clearly we are well under the average 9-12 month timescale so I'll leave it for now.

PS still on holiday in Vancouver...its still fabulous.

Good luck everyone
lns

Last edited by LinsyPinsy; Aug 3rd 2010 at 3:45 pm.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 3:58 pm
Adapting slowly...

Anyone moved on any?
Checked ecas again today....no change. Still not in process!
I was however heartened by the fact that the clock has already starting ticking so to speak according to Visa office, because the processing times start from when they get your docs...so for me its only been 5 months up to now. I thought the clock started when you went into process.
Was going to send a case specific email but clearly we are well under the average 9-12 month timescale so I'll leave it for now.

PS still on holiday in Vancouver...its still fabulous.

Good luck everyone
lns
No movement here either. Trying to remain calm. Frustrating isn't it?

Glad you're having such a good time. I'm not consumed with jealousy and angst. Have you got those chains ready to attach to Canada Place yet? And if you're successful protesting to the High Commission, can you put in a word for us please?

Enjoy the rest of your holiday ... lucky so-and-so. x
Old Aug 6th 2010, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Funky Florist
No movement here either. Trying to remain calm. Frustrating isn't it?

Glad you're having such a good time. I'm not consumed with jealousy and angst. Have you got those chains ready to attach to Canada Place yet? And if you're successful protesting to the High Commission, can you put in a word for us please?

Enjoy the rest of your holiday ... lucky so-and-so. x
Having a great time, just back from whistler and vancouver island...all delightful
Old Aug 6th 2010, 9:32 pm

It appears that there is still a lot of people on the AOR Jan/Feb thread who are still not "in progress". Is there anyone from this thread who are "in progress" or had med req's yet?
Old Aug 8th 2010, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Lady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant future

Not us. We haven't heard anything for months. Now we have sold our house, the packers are turning up on Tuesday, everything is going into storage instead of being shipped, and we are just crossing fingers, toes and eyeballs that something moves along soon.

LL x
Old Aug 8th 2010, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Lady Locket
Not us. We haven't heard anything for months. Now we have sold our house, the packers are turning up on Tuesday, everything is going into storage instead of being shipped, and we are just crossing fingers, toes and eyeballs that something moves along soon.

LL x
Its frustrating to say the least. You are 6 weeks ahead of us, so god knows when we will hear anything. Our TWP runs out in 7 months, we were hoping that we wouldnt have to go through the pain of renewing/extending, but sure does look like it now.

On a brighter note,when you get those shiney visa's you will be ready to go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.