Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
Got our AOR today

Immigration Lawyer got it yesterday.

I am still hot on your tail Lns
Thats just great....delighted for you!!!!
lns
Old May 4th 2010, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Lady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant future

Guess no one has had any updates recently then? Been 6 weeks since our AOR and I am hoping that medical requests will be in the next couple of weeks. 2 months from AOR seems around the time for getting them...

Flying out for our 2nd Recce in a week, so looking forward to it!

LL x
Old May 4th 2010, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lady Locket
Guess no one has had any updates recently then? Been 6 weeks since our AOR and I am hoping that medical requests will be in the next couple of weeks. 2 months from AOR seems around the time for getting them...

Flying out for our 2nd Recce in a week, so looking forward to it!

LL x
I'm keeping an eye on Stokseys thread for those with AOR Jan/Feb. Looks like those with an AOR for end Jan are starting to move to 'in progress' or med reqests. I think we will be another 4-5 weeks at least. Boooo
lns
Old May 26th 2010, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

kalaar is an unknown quantity at this point

FSW with arranged employment:

Initial application to Sydney November 19, 2009.
120 day letter January 22, 2010.
AOR March 15th

Status changed to "in process" on May 17, 2010

Hopefully get med requests soon
Old May 26th 2010, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kalaar

AOR March 15th

Excellent news.

I see that you are FSW with arranged employment so it looks like that queue is moving faster than FSW 1.

Well done
lns
Old May 26th 2010, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Lady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant future

Well done! Fingerscrossed for your med requests soon... (and fingerscrossed for ours too!)
Old May 26th 2010, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well done! Fingerscrossed for your med requests soon... (and fingerscrossed for ours too!)
how was your recce?
Old May 27th 2010, 11:18 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kalaar

AOR March 15th

Wow, thats really quick. Hope you get your meds request soon.
Old May 27th 2010, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Makes sense to fast track those with arranged employment.

I think med req's within 6 weeks of AOR is a tad optimistic, you never know though!

I was looking through trackitt last night, I'm coming to the conclusion that the order of processing is more around the date which you received your 120 day letter than the date you got AOR, for example I received 120 day letter in late December and submitted full application mid Jan so in effect only used 20 of my 120 days, however people that received 120 day letter before me but AOR after me are now in process...... go figure! Does that make any sense
Old May 27th 2010, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by stokesey

I think med req's within 6 weeks of AOR is a tad optimistic, you never know though!

I was looking through trackitt last night, I'm coming to the conclusion that the order of processing is more around the date which you received your 120 day letter than the date you got AOR, for example I received 120 day letter in late December and submitted full application mid Jan so in effect only used 20 of my 120 days, however people that received 120 day letter before me but AOR after me are now in process...... go figure! Does that make any sense
I have to laugh at the fact that I thought I had a chance of landing in July...hahaha how niave(?spelling?) was I. I blame Martin99 for getting through the system so quick
It seems to have come to a complete halt and is stuck at people like yourself at the end of Jan....hope you hear soon.
lns
Old May 27th 2010, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Well its now 11 weeks since AOR, and 20 weeks since our 120 day email - so I really do hope we get our med requests soon - Not least 'cos we accepted an offer on our house today!!!! YAY! They want to complete asap, so at least something is moving along!

Very happy bunny today! x
Old May 27th 2010, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
I have to laugh at the fact that I thought I had a chance of landing in July...hahaha how niave(?spelling?) was I. I blame Martin99 for getting through the system so quick
It seems to have come to a complete halt and is stuck at people like yourself at the end of Jan....hope you hear soon.
lns

I know exactly how you feel hun - We were hoping to land soon too! But as you say, those people who zipped through the process were probably a bit misleading as we are certainly waiting around again now. I am such a control freak I wish I could go up to CHC and work my application myself!
Old May 27th 2010, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well its now 11 weeks since AOR, and 20 weeks since our 120 day email - so I really do hope we get our med requests soon - Not least 'cos we accepted an offer on our house today!!!! YAY! They want to complete asap, so at least something is moving along!

Very happy bunny today! x
great news on the house...are you going to rent?
Old May 27th 2010, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

A friend of ours has emigrated to America, and has offered us his house rent free (just cover bills) in the transition period. Its very generous of him, so won't complain at all!

Recce was great - just reaffirmed that we are making the right decision. Andrew sat his CAMRT exam (results in a month) so that helps the work prospects, and we also visited the hospital he wants a job at and got a heads up on some vacancies coming up in September so...
Old May 27th 2010, 8:04 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stokesey

from a purely selfish view I hope they are fast tracking people here with a job already. I really do feel for everybody in the line, its just that our LMO runs out early next year and I would like things sorted ASAP to stop me having a nervous breakdown.

Good luck to everyone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.