Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Old Jan 20th 2012, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Thanks miss union and sdo1982. Makes you guys top of the list now I've still not gone in process tho.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 12:45 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
I'm here on a 6 month holiday/recce and will be using my return ticket (late May) to go back and collect my golf clubs and 2 suitcases (full) that I left at my sisters place. Hopefully by then everything with cic will be completed so will be able to buy a one way ticket, say my goodbye's and land
Congrats on getting your meds, finally! All the best for the move over.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mac2
Congrats on getting your meds, finally! All the best for the move over.
Cheers Mac and Malco (we all sound like we could be characters on sesame street )
Old Jan 20th 2012, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

androb is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Canadian Carpers, I guess it's a huge relief! Would you mind telling me, under which NOC Code did you apply. We have a similar timeline to you, and no news for us yet. Kind regards.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Zhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to behold

Hi Androb, is your signature updated and you still haven't got medicals? If so, it seems that they are heavily prioritising NOCs which are still on the list - applicants with August AOR are getting their meds already. We're 0213 as well
Old Jan 20th 2012, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by androb
Congratulations Canadian Carpers, I guess it's a huge relief! Would you mind telling me, under which NOC Code did you apply. We have a similar timeline to you, and no news for us yet. Kind regards.
7241 & 7242 As over the years I worked in both of the Electrician NOC.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 2:40 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Melsa
Hi Miss Clinique, i'm not sure exactly when we will be moving over but i'm aiming for May/June maybe sooner. Lots to consider such as term times at school and whether the kids could during a term. I'm very pleased that this process is coming to an end and a new chapter is beginning!

Melsa
May is a great time to come, you have all the summer in front of you to settle in, before the winter blues come. Mind you this winter has been fantasic, so mild and little - no snow.

Exciting time's ahead for you all.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Melsa,

Well done...yipppeeeee. You will love it here in Canada..we are having a ball.

Start my new job on Monday..happy days

Lnsx
Old Jan 21st 2012, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Canadian carpets,

Yippeeeee to you too. Great news and good luck to everyone else still waiting.

Lnsx
Old Jan 21st 2012, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Funky Florist
Actually we've settled in pretty well and are getting used to things. In fact I just wrote an article about our experiences which is on the front page of this website!

I'm so pleased you are over the worst of the process - now the fun and mayhem of moving starts!!! Best of luck.

FF
Wow, I've just read the article. Fantastic! Your experience could easily have been written by Tiger and me...really rang true. Well done.
Ps we can see mt baker at the end of our street....just stunning isn't it :-)

Lnsx
Old Jan 27th 2012, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

StopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant future

I arrive next week!! WoooT!!
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Melsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you all know we have received our visas today!! Although that's not stictly true because "as of 1st December 2011, applicants for permanent residence who have a passport which is visa exempt for travel to Canada no longer require a permanent resident visa in their passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident. Only the enclosed Confirmation of Permanent Residence form is required to seek admission to Canada as a permanent resident. A visa is only required if you hold a passport which is not exempt from the requirement for a visa." Quoted direct from the paperwork I received today from CIC with my passports. Also included is an immunization record for each of my children which must be filled in and authorised by a health care professional to ensure they're fully vaccinated. Good advice for anyone out there whose children may need to have vaccinations.

We've booked our flights and we are landing in 2 stages. My partner and I are landing in Toronto on the 13th June and Tom is staying to sort things out and I'm returning to the UK on the 22nd June. My daughters and I land in Toronto on 8th July permanently (I hope)!!

Yippee i'm so happy but many of my friends are really upset that i'm leaving so there's lots of mixed emotions going on. I'm so looking forward to it though. What a brill start to the New Year.

I wish everyone else that is still waiting all the very best and just be patient and positive - it will be worth it in the end.

:fingerscr ossed:

Melsa
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 11:44 am
Permanent Residents

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you all know we have received our visas today!! Although that's not stictly true because "as of 1st December 2011, applicants for permanent residence who have a passport which is visa exempt for travel to Canada no longer require a permanent resident visa in their passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident. Only the enclosed Confirmation of Permanent Residence form is required to seek admission to Canada as a permanent resident. A visa is only required if you hold a passport which is not exempt from the requirement for a visa." Quoted direct from the paperwork I received today from CIC with my passports. Also included is an immunization record for each of my children which must be filled in and authorised by a health care professional to ensure they're fully vaccinated. Good advice for anyone out there whose children may need to have vaccinations.

We've booked our flights and we are landing in 2 stages. My partner and I are landing in Toronto on the 13th June and Tom is staying to sort things out and I'm returning to the UK on the 22nd June. My daughters and I land in Toronto on 8th July permanently (I hope)!!

Yippee i'm so happy but many of my friends are really upset that i'm leaving so there's lots of mixed emotions going on. I'm so looking forward to it though. What a brill start to the New Year.

I wish everyone else that is still waiting all the very best and just be patient and positive - it will be worth it in the end.

:fingerscr ossed:

Melsa
Congratulations Melsa,

Enjoy your new life! Where are you planning on Settling? We are looking at Burlington or Cambridge, over on a recee in a week to look around.

Mac2
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Melsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mac2
Congratulations Melsa,

Enjoy your new life! Where are you planning on Settling? We are looking at Burlington or Cambridge, over on a recee in a week to look around.

Mac2
Hi Mac, we are settling on the 8th July this year. Hope you enjoy your recce. Have you been before?

Melsa
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 5:26 pm
Permanent Residents

Hi Mac, we are settling on the 8th July this year. Hope you enjoy your recce. Have you been before?

Melsa
Hi Melsa,

Been to Canada many times, probably more than 20, over the years. I also worked downtown near the CN tower on University Avenue between 2000 and 2003, and have travelled from Toronto to Vancouver by Greyhound many years ago! Stopped for 10 weeks in the Rockies for a little climbing and hiking. I am doing a recee this time to suss out area's to live and catchment areas for schools as we now have two children (7 & 4). Funnily my Wife has never been there and is the primary applicant! I've told her it's nice

What area's are you looking into?

Mac2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.