Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Old Nov 21st 2011, 7:28 am
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AOR from London Mar & Apr 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

UK & C citizens are visa exempt. What CIC means is that they don't require a visitor visa to come to Canada. Non visa exempt citizens, say Indians, require a visitor visa (TRV) to come to Canada. They would be issued the counterfoil so that airlines would board them and they would be able to transit say Heathrow without obtaining a TRV. The counterfoil is a 1 entry visa.

Yes, they will probably still request the passport to ensure that is valid, and that the bio data on the passport matches the COPR.
Thanks for the response.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Malco will become famous soon enoughMalco will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

UK & C citizens are visa exempt. What CIC means is that they don't require a visitor visa to come to Canada. Non visa exempt citizens, say Indians, require a visitor visa (TRV) to come to Canada. They would be issued the counterfoil so that airlines would board them and they would be able to transit say Heathrow without obtaining a TRV. The counterfoil is a 1 entry visa.

Yes, they will probably still request the passport to ensure that is valid, and that the bio data on the passport matches the COPR.
Hi PMM,

Thanks for the info, very useful.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Melsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys

I received a letter from CIC yesterday requesting me to re-take the HIV blood test which I've already had twice!!!! The first test was equivocal (meaning failed test) so I repeated it a couple of weeks later which was negative. I can't believe CIC are requesting yet another one. I'm absolutely livid about this, as this is just wasting more time and money at my expense and is delaying my application for no good reason. This will mean I will not get passports requests for approx 4 months and we were hoping to move soon after the New Year.

I have a real bad feeling about this and I'm beginning to think i'm going to get refused and all for nothing. I'm a regular blood donor and have been for years so there is no way I'm HIV positive. I've tried contacting the medical centre today but they are closed due to relocating so I can't even speak to the DMP.

The letter from CIC had a sealed envelope inside the letter which I wasn't supposed to open but why shouldn't I when it's about me and I shouldn't have anything to worry about. I'm so glad I did as at least I know what it's about now. As you can imagine when I saw the letter I was shaking with excitement thinking it was my passport requests so I felt absolutley deflated when it wasn't.

Sorry about the whinge folks but I really could do with some good news and a bloody good holiday!!

Melsa
Old Nov 25th 2011, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys, hope the waiting game isn't dampening your enthusiasm too much. Personally as medical requests don't look like happening any time soon I decided to jump on a plane and come to Canada for 6 months (call it research) Arrived Monday and as expected spent 90 minutes with the lovely people in immigration explaining why I wanted to stay for 6 months. Eventually they handed back my passport/return ticket/ 10k in cash and said enjoy your stay My wife was waiting for me (she's here on a student visa) with a big hug so life is good. Spent Monday nite in Mississauga then drove to Belleville at 6am Tuesday morning (the 401 as bad as I remembered it) to view rental properties. Opted for a newly renovated studio appartment 2 minutes from Quinte Midwives where my wife will be working on a clinical clerkship until May 2012. Wednesday was spent arranging gas/hydro/water/cable/mobiles etc. Spent Thursday morning buying furnature (delivery arranged for moving in date) then drove over to Lakefield to visit old friends (who invited us to stay over christmas:sunglasses then back to Mississauga in time for tea, job done.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Melsa
Hi guys

I received a letter from CIC yesterday .........
Melsa
Hi Melsa, sorry to hear about the further blood test and all the delays. It must be very frustrating for you and I can imagine the disappointment but when the next results come back as o.k. then I can't see why they would then reject you for other reasons. It does mean a further delay but maybe that will give you a little longer to sort out some other stuff. I'll keep fingers crossed for you.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
Hi guys, hope the waiting game isn't dampening your enthusiasm too much. Personally as medical requests don't look like happening any time soon I decided to jump on a plane and come to Canada......
Hey Christmas with family and friends... that's got to be a good thing. Have a great time.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
Hi guys, hope the waiting game isn't dampening your enthusiasm too much. Personally as medical requests don't look like happening any time soon I decided to jump on a plane and come to Canada for 6 months (call it research) Arrived Monday and as expected spent 90 minutes with the lovely people in immigration explaining why I wanted to stay for 6 months. Eventually they handed back my passport/return ticket/ 10k in cash and said enjoy your stay My wife was waiting for me (she's here on a student visa) with a big hug so life is good. Spent Monday nite in Mississauga then drove to Belleville at 6am Tuesday morning (the 401 as bad as I remembered it) to view rental properties. Opted for a newly renovated studio appartment 2 minutes from Quinte Midwives where my wife will be working on a clinical clerkship until May 2012. Wednesday was spent arranging gas/hydro/water/cable/mobiles etc. Spent Thursday morning buying furnature (delivery arranged for moving in date) then drove over to Lakefield to visit old friends (who invited us to stay over christmas:sunglasses then back to Mississauga in time for tea, job done.
Hi CC good luck and I hope you have a great time. How's the weather there? Any signs of snow yet?
Old Nov 25th 2011, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Malco
Hi Melsa, sorry to hear about the further blood test and all the delays. It must be very frustrating for you and I can imagine the disappointment but when the next results come back as o.k. then I can't see why they would then reject you for other reasons. It does mean a further delay but maybe that will give you a little longer to sort out some other stuff. I'll keep fingers crossed for you.
Hi Malco

Thank you for your words of support. The extra time will be worthwhile I guess so I might as well make the most of it!

Melsa
Old Nov 25th 2011, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Hi CC good luck and I hope you have a great time. How's the weather there? Any signs of snow yet?
Hi Melsa it was -1 in Belleville on Tuesday nite and we were hit by freezing rain but while the car looked like it had spent the nite in an ice box everything was clear by Wednesday lunchtime. Toronto is mild and sunny today but I'm sure winter is not far away. Just hope we get moved in on Dec 1st before any bad stuff arrives. Good luck with this medical situation I'm sure it's going to work out ok
Old Jan 7th 2012, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Happy New Year to you all!!

The forum has been quiet over the festive season and I hope things will progress well for everyone this year.

We are still in the UK but now in a small rented house with most of our belongings in storage and we have booked flights for the middle of May this year.

We are now trying to find the best (and to be honest cheapest) flight for our dog. Some ridiculous quotes of over £3000 and one reasonable quote from a company called 'Jets4Pets'. Has anybody in this forum heard of them or used them and if so what was their service like?

It would also be great to hear from those of you already landed in Canada and, if you are willing to share them, to tell all of us back here what your experiences have been so far (good or not so good).

Thanks Malc
Old Jan 12th 2012, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malco
Happy New Year to you all!!

The forum has been quiet over the festive season and I hope things will progress well for everyone this year.

We are still in the UK but now in a small rented house with most of our belongings in storage and we have booked flights for the middle of May this year.

We are now trying to find the best (and to be honest cheapest) flight for our dog. Some ridiculous quotes of over £3000 and one reasonable quote from a company called 'Jets4Pets'. Has anybody in this forum heard of them or used them and if so what was their service like?

It would also be great to hear from those of you already landed in Canada and, if you are willing to share them, to tell all of us back here what your experiences have been so far (good or not so good).

Thanks Malc
http://www.shipyourpet.com/testimonials/

We used this company....fantastic. See the feedback we gave on the website. Wee Molly is the westie further down the page. Got a great deal from emelye bunny who works there. Deffo phone them and get quote :-)
Old Jan 13th 2012, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
http://www.shipyourpet.com/testimonials/

We used this company....fantastic. See the feedback we gave on the website. Wee Molly is the westie further down the page. Got a great deal from emelye bunny who works there. Deffo phone them and get quote :-)
Hi Linsy,

Thanks very much, we have contacted them and received aquote from Shelle Easton at PBS. It is similar in price and service to the one from Jets4Pets so Karen is going to speak with both of them and then decide. The other quotes of £3,400 and £3,900 are so far out of reason so will will not even consider those.

Thanks again and hope all is going well for you in B.C.

Malc
Old Jan 18th 2012, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Guys

I'm very delighted to tell you all we've finally got our passport requests!!! We've just landed home from a week in London to find this on the door mat. If only it had arrived a couple of days before we had gone, we could have handed the passports in. Never mind I can't complain as i'm so relieved to have a definate yes!! Can't wait to tell everyone else now. Bye for now.

Melsa
Old Jan 18th 2012, 7:32 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys

I'm very delighted to tell you all we've finally got our passport requests!!! We've just landed home from a week in London to find this on the door mat. If only it had arrived a couple of days before we had gone, we could have handed the passports in. Never mind I can't complain as i'm so relieved to have a definate yes!! Can't wait to tell everyone else now. Bye for now.

Melsa
Fantastic news Melsa. Now for the real work of moving and settling in!
All the very best, Mac2
Old Jan 18th 2012, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mac2
Fantastic news Melsa. Now for the real work of moving and settling in!
All the very best, Mac2
Thanks Mac2. I'm pretty sure you will have your med requests very soon as we had ours 12 months after going in process. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.